sdctlc

sabre 2 Pack Vloume, where to be found?

I tried on-line at PD and a few dealers. I searched the forums but cant find the answer or even a pack volume chart for the PD Sabre 2 line of canopys. I am specifically looking to try and find the volume of a Sabre 2 190. Can somebody help?

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I looked at the PD site and the noted PD "Mystery" .pdf I also understand the vast differences between different measurments.

I am asking since I was asked abut it for a container and reserve I am selling. One of the people interested wants to know if a Sabre 2 190 will fit. The container is a Flexon F5.

I think it may fit but would be a tight fit. I will probably have to go out to the DZ and grab a friends 190 and stick it in to see if it will fit. Crappy weather so just trying to avoid the drive out there.....

Scott C.

Try the Paragear catalog or their web site. According to the Paragear site a Sabre 2 190 has a pack volume of 416 cubic inches.

The Talon FS T5 (Flexon's are no longer made so not shown on Paragear's site) shows as being compatible with a Stiletto 150.

I looked on Paragear and cant find the page where you noted the 416 cuin for the sabre 2.

I know RI stopped making them in about '97. I have had a number of them previously and do have the flexon manual. This one was built in '97 and sat on the shelp at RI unitl I bought it last year. It was sent to me as a new container with never having a canopy in it, for a good deal.

The F5 is listed as "ideal" with a 450 cuin main. If the above size you note is true, the 190 sould fit no problem. I have had much smaller canopys in there, down below the 350 cu in sizing, with no problems at all...

Thanks
Scott C.

Hi, I'm packing a Saber 2 190 into a infinity I-55 container with a stated pack volumn of 443 c.i..
no worries.

blues

jerry

Wow. Your profile says you're also getting a PD193R in that I-55, which is so far off the published specs I wonder if I'm missing something.

VSI says an I-55 will hold a 343 ci reserve, but PD says their 193 has a pack volume of 442 ci, and PIA rates that canopy at 471 ci.

VSI says an I-55 will hold a 443 ci main, but PIA says an original Sabre 190 takes up 500 ci, and even a Spectre 190 takes 475ci.

Am I missing something? Is there that much variation in container and canopy sizes? Is this just a testament to how tight you and your rigger are willing to pack?

thanks,

Spencer

"Be braver -- you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps."

Hi, I'm packing a Saber 2 190 into a infinity I-55 container with a stated pack volumn of 443 c.i..
no worries.

blues

jerry

Wow. Your profile says you're also getting a PD193R in that I-55, which is so far off the published specs I wonder if I'm missing something.

VSI says an I-55 will hold a 343 ci reserve, but PD says their 193 has a pack volume of 442 ci, and PIA rates that canopy at 471 ci.

VSI says an I-55 will hold a 443 ci main, but PIA says an original Sabre 190 takes up 500 ci, and even a Spectre 190 takes 475ci.

Am I missing something? Is there that much variation in container and canopy sizes? Is this just a testament to how tight you and your rigger are willing to pack?

thanks,

Spencer

Spencer, when I looked into buying the container I called VSE and spoke to kelly and told him what I wanted to do, his reply was Quote " thats what its made for". I personally don't believe you'd want to go any bigger in that container, from what I understand the reserve is snug, but ok by whatever standard riggers go by.

The main is snug also compared to say a Javelin JK5 with the same canopy. IIRC when they measure container volume they use strait lines which leaves a little bit of a fudge factor because the container is somewhat rounded.

I have never seen a hard number for the saber2 and I don't know if its the same as the original saber. I would advise anyone making canopy or container choices to consult with the manufacturer before buying.

blue skies

jerry

I do know I could drop to a 170 no problem in my container.