jejejelle

rig too big for chute or

should i say chute to small...
anyway.

im jumping a sabre 170 right now , which is almost too small for my rig , nice packing :)

however , is it possible to switch to an 150 ft2 canopy ? it will kind of float in my rig and that is not a good thing. so is it possible to fill up my rig with some sort of material so it will not float ? :)
im just a poor student , so there is no way i can afford a new rig. but i think there is a big chance i will downsize to a 150 within the next 6 years

is it possible? and what are the extra risks ?

happy xmas everybody \:)

talk to your rigger and/or the manufacturer of the container about why putting a parachute that is not sized correctly for the container is a bad idea. But one of the reasons would be not enough tension on the main tray, increasing likelyhood of a premature opening. It's not a good idea!

Can't you save up a bit of money and sell your old rig and look for an equally cheap but smaller sized rig?

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

it`s a vector 1 or 2 not really sure :o

range 170 and above

and maybe you`re right about saving for a smaller rig , it`s only the rig i need of course.
I`ll talk to my rigger , need a repack soon so i will be around :) maybe he has a nice fitting rig for less, or maybe he`s is absolutely sure that "padding up" is not adding extra risks

thanks a lot for your answers :)

it`s a vector 1 or 2 not really sure :o

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Easy to tell: if it has Velcro in the reserve pin cover, then it is a Vector 1.

Sewing a pillow into the main container is best done while the reserve container is empty, like when it is repacked.