Faber

Video

hey faber, thanks for linking, thats a badass vid! I would love to try the paragliding BASE jump, hehe :S

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

I would love to try the paragliding BASE jump

actualy it wouldnt be a BASE but it sure would be funB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

righto, I guess thatd be somewhere in the grey area along with balloon jumps, unhooking from a tandem, etc etc...:S

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

but it counts as a jump;)and who care if its a BASe or not as long as we have funB|Thats the reason we do it rigth(exept some who just start it just to get a divorce:ph34r::D,sorry Z#####,i couldnt resist)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

How about the Mr Bill/McConkey exit off a bridge with the top guy deploying for the lower as he falls off? That's gotta be the craziest thing I've seen on video, skydiving and base alike. Or is this a relatively safe and common practice?:P

I think the shot of a guy PCA-ing another as his canopy opens is a straight 2 way - not a Mr Bill/McConkey combo.

They just run together on the video?....[:/]

BASE 802

Damn, you're right...it's two separate wild stunts, not a single insane one. :P

So Mr Bill McConkey PCA is the next challenge?!:$

Can't wait for that footage.....

BASE 802

Just watched the vid again, and I have to say it got some serious footage!
But have you noticed the monkeyflip scene from the bridge ? (guess you have:$) I tought it was done with a base canopy, but it's actually done with a paraglider...or to me it seems like a paraglider..
Have you noticed ?

i think it looks like a round... but im migth just drunk

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Check out the link in this post- the first video looks like that jump in Soulflyers shot from another angle.

[edited to add]I envy you Faber...drunk in the middle of the day, you carefree bastard. :P

Yeah, the harness gave it away for me not the canopy.

I understand that McConkeys originated on a paraglider .

BASE 802

It's like it yeah, but can't be it, because in the soul flyers vid there's a cameraman jumping in front of him...but it is a paraglider in the soul flyers vid then...

edit--> yeah, the harness was the final tought about it, but first it was the longer lines, and when it's opening it seems to have a big hole in the center, but when looked closely, it's a very very elliptical canopy...

Faber...drunk in the middle of the day, you carefree bastard.

mate im warming up to tomorow... were im gonna drink until i.. well sleep i gues:ph34r::S

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

i stole this link from another tread(sorry crazyIvan),but think its way cool http://www.rctoys.com/draganflyer3.php

any one thourgth of using such a devise to get new angels to BASE video?A freind of mine has a heli, like that i think im gonna ask him if i could secure my camera to it and the he flyes/film while i jump,im sure it could give total awsome videoB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

These are way cool - but could they keep up?

BASE 802

but could they keep up?

I really dont know,but ill talk to the guy whith the heli today and ask him some q´s... ill be back whith info(from him=secondhand)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

When a few of us bought Bullet-cams from

www.rfconcepts.co.uk

we had a load of ideas of how to remote them at the exit point or beneath as well as the options for mounting on the body or within the canopy.

They come with a 2m cable, but you can get a lead of over 20m (which I did).

I even considered attaching it to the bottom skin of my canopy and packing it, to get the opening shot from there looking down! I haven't yet tried this.....[:/]

I guess the McConkey angle form the canopy back at the jumper might be interesting and less of a rigging issue... but a McConkey is way down the line for me.

BASE 802

I think it would work better to attach it to one of the lines. This is a pretty scary idea, but sounds cool enough to try.

i guees it would work on a mcconkey jumpthere the video would be awsome too..but im not at that level at all.. he he

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

But have you noticed the monkeyflip scene from the bridge ? (guess you have) I tought it was done with a base canopy, but it's actually done with a paraglider...or to me it seems like a paraglider..
Have you noticed ?

There are also photos of Loic doing this with a Ninja canopy, which is a 21 cell cross braced canopy my Parachute de France. I think it was in Para Mag a while back so it may be online in their archive section.