andy2

"going unstowed"??

Does this mean jumping off something with your parachute not packed and just held in your hands? Do people do this kind of thing for low objects, like off a 80 foot drop or something? And then also what is the skill level of this type of thing if I have the terminology correct. Thanks!

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

This is going unstowed, with the pilot chute held in hand instead of "stowed" in the BOC pouch (apologies to lewmonst for stealing the photo).

Why the hell am I posting in the BASE forum?

Because you can.... ;)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

oh, thats what that is. I thought it was some spectacular way to jump off low ass objects...:S

let my inspiration flow,

I'd never think to use a para-glider for a McConkey.
:)
Ken

"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

I beleive the paraglider pilot in that photo did that before the McConkey was given it's name.

Do people do this kind of thing for low objects, like off a 80 foot drop or something?

No from 80 ft i wouldnt go hand held..dont even think i would go..at least not whith my rig. i think i would wear a swimsuit or be nude,becours from that alti you sure gonna be wet/or hurt i think

The other pointed out what hand held is.Just telling you that 80ft is LOW

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

>I beleive the paraglider pilot in that photo did that before the McConkey >was given it's name.

Correct
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

And then also what is the skill level of this type of thing if I have the terminology correct.

Skill level for hand held jumps: Beginner. Many people (including myself) made their first jumps hand held. It's generally considered to be safer than going stowed for anything slider down.

Skill level for unpacked (i.e. McConkey, TARD, etc) jumps: Expert. Be sure you're already comfortable with all the standard aspects of BASE, and have instruction from someone who has done them, before attempting unpacked jumps.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

thanks for the info guys, I appreciate itB|

let my inspiration flow,

This is going unstowed, with the pilot chute held in hand instead of "stowed" in the BOC pouch (apologies to lewmonst for stealing the photo).

No apologies necessary. thank tom sanders for the excellent photo. that was in 2000, i ordered several copies of it from his website Aerial Focus. Lots of good stuff on there.

Last year I jumped the bridge again, twice, and both stowed. Handheld was recommended for first time jumpers.

peace!
http://www.exitshot.com

thank tom sanders for the excellent photo

The look on your face is priceless. They should use that shot for BD promos. B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon