dmitch31

No Tony Suits for Christmas?

Well, there'll be no ordering any TonySuits for a bit. I was going to use some of my "Christmas gift for self" money to go ahead and order a Swoop Suit. Well, I called TonySuits to ask a couple of questions, and they are closed for the holidays until January 5th or 6th! :(

Oh well. I guess we've all got to learn to delay gratification right? I just hope I can order it and get it in a reasonable amount of time for the Tunnel Camp that I want to go to in Orlando. I was hoping to go in February or March. Looks like the February Tunnel Camp is probably out of the question at this point.

What experiences has anyone had ordering a TonySuit without the RUSH option, and how long did it take you to get it? I would prefer not to do that if I didn't have to. The suit I've configured is costing enough as it is without having to tack on another $40.

Dave

I've been working through filling out the forms for the Swoop Suit. Do I order this directly from TonySuits, or do I send the forms to a dealer/distributor? I suppose that if I ordered through a dealer I could speak to that person to get some of my questions answered regarding filling out the rest of the form.

Dave

I have ordered two Tony suits both with Rush delivery. The first one was delivered to me in 13 days
from the day I ordered it. The second one they had some back log it took them 3 weeks to get it to me. I love my Tony suits and they have great customer service.
Kirk

Well... since I'm a gear dealer.... I'd have to recommend ordering through a dealer ;)

Definitely have someone who knows Tony Suits - dealer or the factory - do your measurements and answer suit specific questions for you. It's impossible to measure yourself and get the correct measurements.

I've been working through filling out the forms for the Swoop Suit. Do I order this directly from TonySuits, or do I send the forms to a dealer/distributor? I suppose that if I ordered through a dealer I could speak to that person to get some of my questions answered regarding filling out the rest of the form.

Dave

Go to a dealer, one that knows Tony Suits. The person the measures you will make a big difference in how the suit fits and flies.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I'm surprised at how few people know that you can't measure yourself!

I used to make renaissance faire court costumes, and I was shocked at how many people sent me their measurements done by themselves even AFTER receiving word that they were to have SOMEONE ELSE measure them.

Of course, then, when I sent the dress, it didn't fit!

When you measure yourself, you twist and turn in strange ways to hold the tape. it isn't accurate.

I have said this before and I'll say it again.

What type of suit is most worn on your DZ?

I have found it is usually better to jump what the folks at your DZ jump. There is usually a reason.

1. Price. Most times different DZ's get better deals and service from certain companies.

2. People there know the product. From colors to function a person with the knowledge of the quirks of that piece of equipment from that company is a good thing.

However since I jump a Michagan suit.....I have to say they are the best.

http://www.michigansuits.com/

I have gotten a suit in less than a week with no rush fee. And I have seen most in less than two weeks.

I love these suits.

Price was much better than Tony Suits.

Mike is around 250.00 for a suit thats loaded.
288.00 for a Tony. Without padding ect...

Loaded comp suits for both about equally equipt are

Michagan 325.00
Tony 338.00

Give him a call and and talk to him (386) 439-1036

He is closed till Jan 2nd, but he is checking his machine.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Definitely have someone who knows Tony Suits - dealer or the factory - do your measurements and answer suit specific questions for you. It's impossible to measure yourself and get the correct measurements.

It is definitely impossible to measure yourself. Funny though, Tony himself measured me for my new team suit, and I had to send it back for an adjustment. I measured one of my teammates, and his suit fit perfectly.:S

By the way, my new Tony suit is quite spectacular. It is very well built, and flies like a dream. They are a little more pricey than some alternatives, but this is the second RW Tony suit I've owned, and I honestly think they are the best suits out there.

- Dan G