TomAiello

This forum (BASE Zone at DZ.com) makes me

Edited after a nice dinner :)

Yes I do.

I don't think any one really made much fuss or notice about it untill J.B. mentioned it. But since you asked.....

This Site is Very user friendly. I still look at Blinc but honestly, it's a bit of a challenge to the average computer user. People like bright and shiny. Black is harder to read however I do it any way. I wasn't around much when Mick was asking people what we wanted in a site.

I'm a still a skydiver (and not afraid to admit it :P). I tend to use this site more often, Largely because I can keep in touch with my Skydiving buddies. I don't feel I have much to offer in the BASE comunity just right yet. However I read blinc to answer questions on a more technical level.

I'm one of those users that look at Blinc every day so I guess that would make me a lurker. But then again, I've always been a lurker on that site. I do post occasionally under a different psuedonym. (I gave up on the DS name altogether btw)

Skydivers have more questions about BASE and tend to use the Skydiving site. As far as the hardcore Blinc users? I'd tend to agree that this site, COULD draw others over. but to what degree? At this point I don't think many would make this exclusive.

Mick's done a TON of work to keep it going and I'd hate for it to be turned off. He's a very talented and technical person. I have no doubt that he's aware of how user friendly dz.com is.

Take a Look at all the feed back he got from the "knutson" . That was nearly instantaneous so there's no doubt blinc gets used heavily.

I believe this site tends to lead others to Blinc. This has no bearing on the amount I use it.

I'm hungry now and I must missed the PT loads. If I come up with any thing else (preferably less winded) I'll pipe back in

Cheers.

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I do mean this site are more skydive/newbie freindly.

Talking on Blink could be a bit rude for newbies,who dont want to look total stupied.Hopefuly it will change,afther Micks hard job to get the new site up.WE(users of Blink should rember to help Mick a bit more,and tell him what to change.As he says he does it for us..Sure there will be a bit problems in the start,im sure it will be perfect by time.

I do belive that BASE zone at dz.com is agreat thing for newbies/skydivers who are at the step to deside to do it or not.But Blink will still be the place were tecnical Qs will be answered by most BASE jumpers,and therefor you migth get more info..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I read both as well.

I think Blinc is just alittle slower right now since it's the off-season for many BASE jumpers. Around here, you have more activity because of skydiver curiosity.

Just my $0.02

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

This coming from mostly a lurker, rather than poster, on either of the websites, I don't think there is an issue with one site taking the other's readers. Or,if there is an issue, then so what?

We live in the age of information, and we want it as fast and as easy as we can get it. There is more than enough room on this WWW. for more than one BASE informational site.

I personally find this board more aesthetically appealing. Does that mean I don't ever visit Blinc? No. Because the answers to the more technical questions I'm looking for usually are posted over on that board. And then, it's usually from searching the archives.
Not that there isn't any qualified jumpers here on this one. It's just that this one is probably more set up for the curious skydiver. Which there is nothing wrong with that because we all started out as a curious skydiver. or at least I was one.
Oh yea Hookitt, I still skydive also. Always will too. But that's another thread......

Nice Avitar... <== spelling?

Nice Avitar... <== spelling?

Peace,

D-d0g
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

Your expensive private education is showing. Good thing I'm just a dumb kid from public school.
All other things being equal, I'm sure my avitar would be as cool as yours. :P

-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Speaking of Avatar's....ok this has nothing to do with avatars..

The new canopy slider down 3 second delay just simply PARKS it self on opening.

:)

Speaking of Avatar's....

Speaking of expensive private school education, there's no apostrophe in "avatars".

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Speaking of Avatar's....

Speaking of expensive private school education, there's no apostrophe in "avatars".

Thanks... that was d-dog with the expensive private schooling. I still put an "e" in potatoe as well. :)

Hardly fair to mock Hookitt's grammar, when I was the one mocking your expensive schooling. :P

"Ceterus what?"
"Whazza Aviter?"
"I dunno, dude, let's go like, flick or summpin'"
"Yeah, what a bunch of nerds."

-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Speaking of Avatar's....

There is if one is discussing an Avatar's ass. . .

Peace,

D-d0g
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

.. let's go like, flick or summpin'"

..best suggestion yet

I have heard several people express the opinion that this forum is drawing readership off the BASE Board at BLiNC.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I've been skydiving 15 years, in 2002 my goal to cave BASE was decided.../ think after 40-50 BASE jumps, I might feel comfortable reading and posting on BASE Board.
In the meanwhile feel I have got good advice here,
along with info from BASE jumpers I skydive with.

Smiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

Speaking of correcting the punctuation of others, that period should be inside the quote marks.

I'm sorry, it's just that I never get to post in this forum. :D
Skydiving is for cool people only

I never heard of BLiNC, until I became a DZ.com user. I tend to think that a lot of people (myself included) would have missed a lot of valuable data if this cool forum didn't exist.

Just a greenhorn skydiver's take on things.

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."