BlindBrick

A little bit scary

I've got a friend who is a little bit overeager. Made his first wingsuit jump a couple of weeks ago at around jump 275 without any training or supervision. Last weekend he came in and told me that he had made contact with a new ws manufactuer who's coming to the dz to give him a "head instructor" rating and a free copy of their most agressive ws in exchange for pimping them to new jumpers.

My friend isn't known to exaggerate, but I'm having trouble believing any company would be so callous as to give a jumper with ~6 jumps on a GTI a company instructor rating and a large ws in order to just pimp their company.

Does this sound like something you more experienced ws have seen in the past?

More importantly, would you trust such a company to give a FJC to approxiamtely half a dozen relatively low jump number jumpers?

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

This sounds like the kind of story bad examples are made of.
Who is this new manufacturer? No facts=can't judge.
Seems terribly unlikely though unless somebodys info is inaccurate. Nobody bright enough to be involved with a new manufacturer is likely to be dumb enough to do a thing like that.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

At this point in time, I'm not willing to name the guy/company on the chance that my friend is exaggerating. If this is a legit company, the last thing they need as a start-up is some wild story giving them an unfounded bad name.

OTOH, if I find this is as bad as it sounds, I will gladly name names in the hope that it keeps someone from getting killed.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

I can confirm its not PF related.
If it was, its someone who would never teach/instruct or sell suits under our name/banner again.

Got some 'usual suspects' when it comes to low experience, big suits and a complete lack of responsibilty towards a student though[:/]

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

They offer a free gypsys curse if you fail to buy their suit. They sound pretty desperate and if this is the marketing approach at best they'll piss a few people off at worst they'll put someone in a suit who really shouldnt be their. Perhaps if this guy is your friend you should have a quite chat.
Dont just talk about it, Do it!