jamesfreefall

Firebird R upgrading time

Looking to upgrade my Birdman Firebird R and was wondering if the Phantom2z would be significantly different?

I dont get much glide from the Firebird and was tempted by the promises of the Phantom2z. Is it much different?

Other alternative is the Tony suit R Bird (the differences I note have already been debated at length on here).

In terms of armwing/pull the Phantom doesnt feel much different from the Firebird R. There is a bit more wing, but the pull is just as easy.
In terms of legwing, the Phantom has a lot more wing, giving you a lot more drive (and thus lift/glide).

I have quite a few jumps on both the Firebird and Phantom and can definately recommend going for the P2. It will be a good 'upgrade' in all aspects. Especially in backflying the suit gives a lot of added range.

Flockingwise its also all the suit I ever need. At events like Zflock etc. its all I fly, and never seem to have difficulty matching what others are doing. The suit is nice and agile, yet still has a major kick in terms of forward speed/glide at breakoff.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

if you could leave out the last part of you username, you should be fine B|. The P2 should be a nice upgrade to your glide ratio, dunno much about the Tonysuit. Then there is also the S-Fly Verso which would be in the same class. Preferably go to a dealer with demo suits hanging, try it out...