skydiverkeith

Slow vertical speeds?

I think he ment, you need a bit more experience to fly suits of that size.
But judging the speeds Ive been doing on the Stealth2 (avg 32 mph for a full jump) the venom should probably go a bit bellow that.

Though fallrates are only in part suit design and skill. Body size influences it a lot as well. If you fly the same suit weighing 80 kg or weighing 45 kg, there is quite a difference in fallrate.

By itself, its not a good standard to judge performance. But of course, big suits will get you low speeds. How low depends on your experience, skill and build.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Thanks for the info Jarno. Although my profile ws jumps aren't accurate (I haven't updated in a long time.), I still won't be jumping a Venom any time soon. I fly the P2, and after trying the R-Bird for around 10 jumps, I appreciate how nice the P2 is SOOOO much more.
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

Thanks for the info Jarno. Although my profile ws jumps aren't accurate (I haven't updated in a long time.), I still won't be jumping a Venom any time soon. I fly the P2, and after trying the R-Bird for around 10 jumps, I appreciate how nice the P2 is SOOOO much more.

Please take the time to describe why you prefer the P2 over the R Bird?

thanks

Craig

thanks

Craig

Sure. The R-Bird was a lot slower in flight, very wobbly with the arms pulled low, and didn't feel as stable or responsive.

However, the R-Bird had much better pressurization, slower descent rate vertically, and was less tiring than the P2.

It might be my lack of experience or skill, but the P2 is just easier to fly and control, and WAAAAAYYYY faster than the R-Bird!
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

thanks

Craig

Sure. The R-Bird was a lot slower in flight, very wobbly with the arms pulled low, and didn't feel as stable or responsive.

However, the R-Bird had much better pressurization, slower descent rate vertically, and was less tiring than the P2.

It might be my lack of experience or skill, but the P2 is just easier to fly and control, and WAAAAAYYYY faster than the R-Bird!

FWIW, we have a visiting wingsuiter who has identical issues you've described. He's got around 150 jumps on his bird, and after a single jump (and longer flight time) on a P2 demo...he's wanting to sell his bird. He's 6'4" for any takers.
My jumps on the Venom (far from being as efficient as I think the wing can be) sustain in the low/mid 30's, just as Jarno is suggesting, with minimums in the mid 20's. I've only got a double dozen jumps on it thus far, so expecting performance to improve over experience.
You won't plan on doing more than 4 jumps a day on a Venom tho...at least not at my weight. I need a gym membership.:D