sdctlc

Oct 9-10th Colorado Wingsuit Weekend!

This will be a fun weekend giving another chance to get Western Birds flying together before the weather really starts to cause a southerly migration! :P

Yes we want to see a State Record for CO but the emphasis will be on Fun Flocks.. Lets look forward to being able to do jumps with verticals, docking, baton passes and maybe even a distance run. Interested in your First Flight, let me know.. Flying a King air with nice floater set up on the plane at this up jumper friendly Dropzone.

All bundled up the weekend will offer a chance to learn some new stuff, Play with old and new friends in the air and most importantly feed your nylon crack addiction!

Scott C.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colorado Wingsuiters! Old man winter is knocking on the door, come on out for a flocking good time to wrap up the season. Skydive Empire at Fort Morgan municipal airport, October 9-10.

DZ it old school style with outdoor packing, grilling and fire pit, the only modern convenience is the King Air!!!

- Organizer: Scott Callantine
- $25 King Air loads
- Skill building loads - bring out your fresh nylon
- Record loads - the record to beat in Colorado is a 0 way, we can do it!!!

The bird house on wheels will offer us debrief protection from the rays.

If you are coming along please PM\email me so I can figure out if we need extra porta potties and sausages. We can send loads on the 8th if there is enough interest.

Simon

PS: You don’t need to be a Colorado wingsuiter to come....
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Looking forward to the weekend! Bags getting packed, gear good to go.... Just checked the latest weather and it is noting Partly Cloudy which is not sounding too bad especially as I like to look at that as Mostly Sunny with Puffies!

Hope to see a good number of birds out to fly and have some fun Sat Morning!

Scott C.

So glad that some many people came out on Saturday and a special thanks to Scott and Kyle for coming the extra distance! What a SOLID base Kyle was laying down.

Weather, mostly winds prevented more than 4 loads but we made the most of what we had. Lots of fun with lots of learning I think, a good way to end the Skydive Empire season.

We will repeat the effort mid to late Spring, maybe there will be a CO record to break then...or maybe we still get to set it!

I hope everyone that came had a good time. Attached is a photo with a nice formation...but it was not complete so no points for just trying!

Simon

Yup yup.

Bummer on the weather, which seems to be getting in the way of lots of CO records lately. Next year.

Also, would like to add my props to Kyle for his mad skills. Damn, that was a solid base to fly off of. Thanks to Simon & Scott as well for putting the whole thing together. Looking forward to the next one!
Signatures are the new black.

First off, thanks to all that came out. I have some shots with people in slot that would qualify for a record if what was in the pic was the planned jump, which they are not. ;)

The weekend was hampered a bit when after 2 "figuring stuff out" jumps, mid day on Sat winds kicked up to low 20's with gusts approaching 30. Though this did keep the group on the ground for the afternoon, some creative kite flying providing for entertainment. Later in the day some wind relief did come allowing for a few more jumps. With the Sunday weather not looking too promising, we got 2 x 5 way attempts to build a formation to judge. Kyle, who had flown base had to leave earlier, so we were giving it a go with a different set up. It was close but not finished for a CO record.

Sunday we found an inviting sky but as we had worried about, the weather gave 20'ish mph winds with gusts in the upper 20's, not optimal for safe jumps. It was the smart thing to not jump in these conditions, though we did try to rationalize it :P we ended with the smart decision. All in all it was a fun weekend though we did only get 4 jumps in and I am looking forward to trying again in the future. I have no doubt if the weather had helped us we would have some great pics for a new CO record for Formation Wingsuiting.......

Few pics attached from the weekend. thanks again to all that came out....

Scott C.