Butters

What the USPA should really be doing ...

That's industrial haze, Matt. Duh! Can't you tell the difference? :)

We were in Marginal VFR Conditions.... I called ATC and got a Special VFR Clearance for myself on that flight, So I was golden..... .:P

Butters~ I can honestly say ive never seen my friendly FAA agent floating near a cloud with a yardstick, thankfully. But I can honestly say it sucks to come around the bottom side of a nice puffy to see your new friend the glider pilot hanging out where he's not supposed to be... keep your eyes open... The rules are there to help with flight safety. If the FAA really knew what we could do in wingsuits they would probably make us have beacons and transponders~ we should all try to not give them any more ammo then they already have. if there ever was a wingsuit/aircraft collision I can tell you that the regulation we would face afterwords, is disgusting.

Blues
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

if there ever was a wingsuit/aircraft collision I can tell you that the regulation we would face afterwords, is disgusting.

Blues

Its already happened, in clear air, as most collisions do. As wingsuiters we look down in front of where we are going. If we are flying for max flight our heads are tucked down straight below our eyes not where we are going. A winged videot is probably looking for that magazine cover shot.

The aircraft skipper is looking straight ahead with an occasional 270 on level sweep part of the time, panel part of the time. A pilot will never look up a barrel of 2-1. 3-1 glideslope . If the aircraft has a bubble canopy they might see a high puller of a CRW canopy. Wingsuits will look like grains of dust on the plexi until its too late unless its a big way.

See and avoid!