mccordia

Soulac (France) - 18 / 26 July - 4Fun Summerboogie

As part of the big summer boogie organised by AirBoss, FlyLikeBrick will be in Soulac sur Mer (France) from saterday 18 till sunday the 26th of July for wingsuit coaching and load organising.

Its a beautifull dropzone near the sea-side, and camping is possible on/near the DZ, and there is also bunkhouse/lodging available for those wanting a better bed.

There will also be load organising for Freefly and RW. And special tubejumps, etc. And of course, dayvideos! For more information, see http://airboss.nl

Alejandro will post here in a bit with more detailed info on what he's planning. Im sadly 'out of order' due to a shoulder injury* so sadly cant be there. But Alejandro (aka Alex) will be there all week for your entertainment.

The list
1. Alejandro
2. Denis
3. Benedict

We're planning more French weekends in the coming season. So stay tuned for more,

*sustained trying to break the Guiness Record for longest non-stop self-pleasuring:P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

So here I am Alejandro on the keyboard,

If you have heard about our last wingsuit boogies in Empuriabrava (Spain) and Borodyanka (Ukraine), our motto is party hard and fly smooth.

So get ready for some serious flying, we will be making groups of wingsuit pilots by skill level.

The most advance jumps that we made had some serious 3D flying (stacks of 3 people).

We will aim during this week to build the famous "Red Baron", a figure of a biplane from the 1st world war, two lines make the wings, to people in the middle link them, 3 people make the fuselage and yet some more make the tail. Crazy and beautiful staff.

For those who will need it we will have focus jumps to improve specific skills, from basics of approaching the formation to more advance skills on vertical stacks and docked formations.

As a special jump I will try to organize the impossible jump, fly from Soulac to Royan and then a flight back to Soulac.

So come and join us in this surfer dropzone for a very nice summer boogie.

Alex

We will aim during this week to build the famous "Red Baron", a figure of a biplane from the 1st world war

Hey Alex,
no disrespect for your flying ambitions, but the Red Baron (von Richthofen) used to fly a Fokker DR1 which was a triplane:)
Maybe for a future boogie ?? :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Noop..Alex is rigt...you're wrong..
Get your facts straight mister....Wikipedia is only one click away:P;)

Van Richthoffen flew various versions of the Albatros for most of his flying career, and only shifted to the tri-plane Fokker later.

90% of his kills where made in various Albatros' models, and its actually the Albatros D III that earned him the reputation of Red Baron due to the infamous red paintjob (and 22 kills while flying it).

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Nevertheless, a biplane is challenging enough. In Empuria we managed (with very skilled people I may say B|) to build the two wings, the structure in between, the fuselage, the pilot, the machine gun, the little doggy, the beer cans, some of the bombs, and so on, but we did not complet the tail. :P

So until the tail is completed, we will keep it a biplane and not a tri-plane. As people from Empuria now, this figure is called the baron, no matter what.

Hope to see you there to help building it.

Alejandro

Here we are, in Soulac, enjoying the sunny weather and 30 degrees. So a very good atmosphere, a pilatus and a twin otter, What else can we ask for? Yeah, good people and good wingsuit pilots. So we have that, and we have already started to build good flocks of 5 or 6. People are already asking for the Red Baron, but we will see about that later on the week.

An idea is to have the "cross over" jump, so take the pilatus, drop in the middle of the river and go land in Royan at the other side, then take it again and repeat direction Soulac, isn´t it cool?

More news to come during the week!!!

Alejandro

I really like this place! Extremely relaxed people, nice planes, a perfect manifest by airboss.nl and a terrific scenic view.
Yesterday I got my first surfing lessons in the morning and my longest freefall on the sunset load flying back from a drop over the sea. In the evening a spontaneous concert with 2 guitars and 3 singers was given.
Why is such a place 1200km away from my home?
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.