skydivingchad

Instructor database?

Is there such a thing?

I know a guy who is an instructor in everything... S/L, Tandem, AFF..... and wingsuit instruction.
In that 6 years I have known him I have never seen him, or heard of him actually jump a wingsuit. He doesn't even own one.

This may be a case of him just trying to inflate his own ego by saying he knows everything there is to know.

I know better than to get instuction from him but I'm afraid someone else might not.

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
Pelt Head #3

Just because his name isn't on a list doesn't mean he doesn't know wingsuits. There are guys on those lists that I wouldn't trust to wash my dog. There are names on those lists who I'd give the keys to my house.
Wingsuiting is not a 'rated' instructional discipline at this time.
If the guy has an AFFI, coach, and a couple hundred wingsuit jumps, he's likely an "instructor" or qualified "wingsuit coach."
If he's not current in a wingsuit, then he might have been trained at one time.
Or, maybe he got a few WS jumps and bought a case of beer.:P:|

In that 6 years I have known him I have never seen him, or heard of him actually jump a wingsuit. He doesn't even own one.

This is your biggest indicator. And believe it or not there are guys on the list that don't own a single wingsuit. If you're planning on training it should be with someone who is out there flying regularly, organizing regularly and who owns or has full time access to several suits of different classification and first hand knowledge of those suits.

There are guys on the lists that have a suit, theirs. A high performance suit unsuitable to borrow for first flights. They never/rarely fly with others.

There are plenty of good quality mentors/well known respected instructors. That will take you through the process from the start. Who have loaner suits in various sizes. More importantly who are out not just boring holes in the sky but can train you, organize you into a rewarding and educational group setting shortly there after. Most likely on any given weekend they can provide video for you to salivate over of how they do it all the time.

Don't waste your time with anybody else.