xwind

AN72 Boogie blues

A group of 11 South Africans are planning to attend the AN72 boogie.

We are experiencing difficulties organizing our trip.
We need help with the following:

Accommodation
We need to confirm a hotel booking for 11 people. Since we will be traveling with one car it will be a problem if we stay in more than one hotel.

I can not contact the Big Moon Hotel since they have no email and I can not get through on their international number (the number stays engaged).

We will need help making the hotel booking can someone please assist us or put us into contact with someone who can.

Payment of boogie registration
We can not pay the boogie registration because of exchange control issues in South Africa.

In order for us to meet the exchange control regulations the boogie organizers must issue an invoice for the boogie registration in each persons name.

Emails to the event organizers yielded no results.
Wingsuit South Africa

Accommodation
We need to confirm a hotel booking for 11 people

I did a google search on motels,germany and found a few motels and hotels close to Cochstedt in varying price ranges. What I recommend is that you pull up the map I posted in the FAQ thread that shows Cochstedt airport on it. It shows the surrounding towns/villages that you can use to look for places to stay in. For reference, I searched sidestep.com and found motels in just about every town thats in bold letters around Cochstedt with Magdeburg Ramada inn being 19 miles from the DZ,most of that accessible via the Autobahn.

Payment of boogie registration
We can not pay the boogie registration because of exchange control issues in South Africa.

See the An-72 FAQ. You can now pay the registration fee(40E) at manifest in Germany but you still must register online.Be sure that everyone who is registering e-mails their name, country registration #(if applicable) to Rolf.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hotel > as far as I know most people stayed at one hotel - thats the one we are trying to get into - there are plenty other places to stay BUT we would prefer to stay at the blue moon or whatever its called - unless you think its not worth it.

Registration cash > if you are sure its fine to only pay the registration once we are there then great - we have all registered on the site. paying there would be easiest otherwise if someone from the boogie could reply to any of the 50 emails we sent them with VISA charge details it would also work.

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

Have the Registration numbers been sent out yet?

I have not had any replies since I registered when they opened, 2-3 weeks ago.

---------------------------------------------
If you don't have wings you will never fly

Have the Registration numbers been sent out yet?

I have not had any replies since I registered when they opened, 2-3 weeks ago.

If you pay your registration fee to them via the wire transfer to their bank, they will send you a registration number. If the wire transfer fee option is not acceptable to you, you can wait and make the 40euro payment at manifest in Germany and THEN you will get a registration number issued to you.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I can not contact the Big Moon Hotel since they have no email and I can not get through on their international number (the number stays engaged).

I have someone looking into this but in the meantime here is a list of motels in Aschersleben, to include the Big moon. Is the number you are dialing the same one listed on the this web page? What time of the day(in Germany) are you calling the number?

List of motels:
http://barrierefrei.hotel-ami.de/h-deu-D/A/Aschersleben/06

From Aschersleben to the DZ:
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Bahnhofstr.+32,+06449+Aschersleben,+Germany+(Hotel+Aspekt+GmbH+Big+Moon+Hotel)+%4051.753169,11.468489&daddr=cochstedt,+GERMANY&f=d&hl=en&dq=BIG+MOON+hotel+loc:+ASCHERSLEBEN+GERMANY&cid=51753169,11468489,10990019978617652794&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=12&ll=51.807978,11.432991&spn=0.198266,0.537987&om=1

Motels in the surrounding area:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=category:+Hotels+and+inns&near=+aschersleben,GERMANY&layer=&ie=UTF8&ei=c9_yReWnG5jwqwL1rcDuAw&z=12&ll=51.796938,11.444321&spn=0.202986,0.537987&om=1
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

In case you didn't know: don't dial the first zero when dialing from outside the country, the zero that's between brackets is only used when not dialing the country code.

So it's 0049 3473 225750 when dialing from outside Germany and either that or 03473 225750 works when inside Germany.

ciel bleu,
Saskia