havensiangst

using bodyprotection in wingsuitbase

Robi,

I only disagree with you on one fact:

If you buy good quality armour and size your suit right there I believe there is very little performane lost if any.

On everything else; not everything in base goes the way you plan even if you are realy conservative. Ask Carinna (sorry spelt wrong). I here she did everything right but I am sure after looking up and seeing her tention knot she would hve loved some more armour. I wouldn't have stopped everything but it might have helped??

Greeny

BASE would not be what it is if we would not have nasty option called the tension knot. [:/] This crap can happen on every jump, even when the pack job is perfect or near to perfect.
This is why I like spectra lines...:P

Karina,
Last info about Karina i have heard was at NY time...that she is getting better, I really hope that is true
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

Ahh..nice to hear..heal fast Karina!!, i have meet her a couple of time in kjerag and she is a hell of a nice girl..sweet aswell:$

Very solid jumper too, that is why I picked her as an example.

The wrong armour fitted wrong I could see as more a hinderence than a help.

But good armour fitted right under a suit built for it, trust me thats has to be a good thing.

My "Pro Shuttle Suit" has in my opinion the right balance of movement to protection.

Greeny

Now imagine a creative wingsuit designer who uses protection elements to improve the performance, not to hinder it. Fuse the performance and protection!

Rigid leading edge parts (both on arms and legs' sides) both increase the performance and protect your arms and legs. Shins on legs can be used to stretch the leg wing more uniformly. Integrated rig can have its tray made of back-protection honeycomb, pack the canopy directly on top of the protection. etc.
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Is this a one piece suit?? do you have a picture of it?

Shuttle Pro is available as a single full body suit, and also as 2 pieces (top and bottom). Also, virtually all the individual pieces (knee and shin guards, spine protector, etc) can be purchased individually.

Have a look here for example. There are numerous similar products, by both this manufacturer and others, and several discussions about the relative merits of each system can be found in the BASE forum.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Now imagine a creative wingsuit designer who uses protection elements to improve the performance, not to hinder it. Fuse the performance and protection!

In my opinion, the spine protector would be better built into the rig than the wingsuit. That way you'd have it on every jump, not just the wingsuit ones.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

In my opinion, the spine protector would be better built into the rig than the wingsuit. That way you'd have it on every jump, not just the wingsuit ones.

Good point!

Yuri did mention that in his post though

Integrated rig can have its tray made of back-protection honeycomb, pack the canopy directly on top of the protection. etc.

Kris.

Good point!

Yuri did mention that in his post though

Integrated rig can have its tray made of back-protection honeycomb, pack the canopy directly on top of the protection. etc.

Pointless. To ensure the protection work 100% as it designed, the protection MUST be close and firm attached to the body. If you integrate the protection in to the rig, after the opening the protection will NOT sit at the place were it has to be in case of collision.
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com