freefal

"skyflyers" tend to be French or from Michigan... Idiot!

Wow! Books like this make you realize how clueless some people really are.
http://wired.com/news/culture/reviews/0,71324-0.html?tw=wn_index_5

Quotes like: “Skyflying is quite dangerous, probably much more hazardous than BASE jumping. It has always been that way:”
are bad enough. But my favorite one is :“…skyflyers -- who tend to be French or from Michigan -- are getting better and better.” Those crazy Frenchmen up north!:S

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

who tend to be French or from Michigan

I wonder where that came from? If there's a flock around here, I'd sure like to find it.

We're working on it though. I just ordered a Z-wing from Tony at Skyfest. He made me a dealer so hopefully I can get some others hooked up here. Plus I still have my S3 and there's a borrowed Classic I at my DZ that people can use.
F16Driver on here has a Firebird, but he's always too busy playing with his airplanes to come to the DZ[:/].

Hopefully someday Michigan really will be known for its wingsuit flyers.

who tend to be French or from Michigan

The quote may have been talking about the original birdman of the 60s. (The Oldsmobile Museum in Lansing has a small display of Batwing Flying skydivers in a barnstormers exhibit).

Classic I at my DZ...

Oh, and YJ asked me to mail back his suit. [:/]

-dp

But my favorite one is :“…skyflyers -- who tend to be French or from Michigan -- are getting better and better.”

Did you actually read the book before calling the author an idiot? I've read it and I'm pretty sure that line was tongue firmly in cheek.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com