hecy68

collision

It happened a couple of months ago but i recently saw the footage of a friend of mine unconsious out of control after a wingsuit collision his cypress saved him he woke up on the ground with a fractured neck . i had done many jumps without an aad and didnt think mutch of it till i saw this footage. you make of this what you will i will see if i can get a copy and post it on sky div movies wont be for a few weeks ...

Hey Hector,

A nice post - let's hope many jumpers read it and take heed.Thanks.

I heard of this incident a day or two after it happened. A lucky guy he is, for sure.

Plus .... I've now started wearing a hard hat for any wingsuit flight I'm on that includes anyone else.

Let's all stay safe.

Blue Skies and long flights,

fergs
:P

This is something I've been afraid of for a long time. I have thankfully not heard of too many incidents like this, but it is something I am always expecting to hear about any day. The closing speeds possible in a wingsuit are phenomenal and sometimes I wonder if people fully appreciate this. I have seen many close calls and have wondered more than once, "how much would that have hurt?"

Especially as more people start flying wingsuits, we need to all be very aware of this risk.

All that said, I do derive a sick pleasure from exiting last on a formation load and racing everybody else to the base. :) Putting on the brakes is such a cool feeling...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Yea gday fergs are you goin to russia ,a few feople wer talkin about at xmas im goin to the heli boogie norway id like to do both but wingsuit base wins every time .you remember tim at xmas he is commin to norway too via amsterdam ye ha .take it easy mate .did a few with the cox,s at easter was all good cheers mate ...;) HECKY