shotat

Good Helmet for a Big Headed Guy!

I am wondering what helmet would best fit me since I have a large bean. I did have an XL Z1 that kind of fit but my chin wouldnt fit inside of the helmet too well which kind of made having a full face helmet pointless. Are there any helmets out there that are better suited to large heads? All that I know of have one shell size and then different liners which just doesnt work for me. Help please, winter is fast approaching............[:/]

***How come all the rich kids get to make all of the jumps?***

Have you measured your head? If not, get a soft measuring tape and measure the biggest part of your head - mid forehead, above the ears, all the way around.

With that measurement you can use the various manufacturers sizing charts to see which if any helmets will fit you.

Try 'em on before you buy though. Sometimes the shape of your face will affect the fit also; a helmet size that "should" fit you based on head measurement could be too small for your face shape.

I very uncomfortably treid on a xxl Z1. Not sure what I am going to get for a helmet yet at this point, because I haven't had the opertunity to try anything else, which I am going to do before I buy.

I know what I will get for an openface, but not sure about a full face yet cause I have a big head myself. :S
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Bonehead is really good for large heads. I have a big head (a bit over 7 1/2 hat size) and the XXL Mindwarp fits great! Check their Boomerang, that fits will too, in the XXL.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Sounds like Bonehead is the way to go. Someone suggested that I try on several types to see which one I like best. Being that I live in AL where could I go to try on Boneheads or any other helmet. We are not exactly the Jumping Capitol of the south;)

I checked out the bonehead site. The boomerang does not have any way to open the face shield which could result in an extremely painful descent if you need to clear your ears on opening. You would probably need to take the whole helmet off. Also, whats up with the little gap in the visor? The Havok did have a way of getting to your face but why would you want to flip the whole front of the helmet up and not just the visor? I have not seen either helmet in person but the Havok did look a little like alien ware..... Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the boomerang?

The guys that jump the Boomarang at my DZ just took the face shield off and left it off. They just wear goggles or whatever. They really like it that way, since they still have jaw protection, but they also have the wind in their face, etc.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."