neneskydive

Buying a used wing suit

Hi.
I'm trying to buy a used wing suit.
What kind of measurements I'll need to pay atention before buying??? What are the most important?

I'm thinking about the GTI.... what do you say about that????

And...last question...... I have a Wings rig with the freestyle handle on the main pilot chute..... Is that OK to do wing suit jumps or not??????

I'll wait your reply.

Assuming you are experienced enough to start flying a wingsuit, a GTi is not a bad suit to start with.

I've seen people that started with a more advanced suit, e.g. S3 and even after a fair number of jumps they can't fly it as well as someone on a GTi after a similar number of jumps.

I bough a GTi for my first suit, and even after 130 jumps on it I'm happy with the performance I get from it.

All of that said, for similar performance, a lower cost, and superior (in my opinion) design you should take a look at the Prodigy wing suit by PF. http://www.phoenix-fly.com/products/wingsuit_Prodigy.htm

It is designed by the same guy that designed the GTi, but it's much more user friendly and will probably be easier to sell if you want to upgrade later (because the sizing is less critical).

C-ya

You have less than the minimum amount of skydives needed to just go out and buy and fly a wingsuit on your own. That said, if you have a qualified instructor to train you then I see no reason why you can't go ahead and purchase a used suit. BirdMan sells now and has sold a lot of "stock" size suits. Most people selling used suits will put in the ad what size they are and what size range they know will fit in the suit. They generally figure this out from having other friends either fit or not fit into their suits. Also, if I (or any other BirdMan Instructor) knew the serial number of the suit you are looking at, we could tell you what measurements the suit was built to fit.

Wingsuit manufacturers usually have measurement instructions on their order forms but that is for a new suit. Its hard to tell if a second hand suit will fit you without trying one on unless it fits someone else with pretty close body measurements......

Remember it doesn't have to be a perfect fit. A little big is ok and a little small is ok as long as it doesn't put undue stress on the material. You don't want to be hanging from your suit material instead of being supported by your harness while under canopy. And there is also plenty info on blown out zippers in these forums. Stressing your suit doesn't help this.

Your handle should be fine as long as it is attached to a throw out system.

Hello Andre

Here are a coupel of contacts for you that may help in your quest to fly!

Company: CARPE DIEM ADVENTURE SPORTS
Phone: +55 19 3254 5516
Email: [email protected]
URL: www.carpediemsports.com.br
Address: Rua Vital Brasil, 471 - JD, Bela Vista, Brazil
DZ: Campinas

Company: AZUL DO VENTO – SKYDIVE CAMPINAS
Phone: +55 19 246 0455, +55 19 971 2857 (mobile)Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
URL: http://www.azuldovento.com.br
Address: Av. Modesto Fernandes, 354/21 Barao Geraldo 13085-472 Campinas, SP, Brazil
DZ: Skydive Campinas

Hope this helps! :)

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Hello Andre

Here are a coupel of contacts for you that may help in your quest to fly!

Company: CARPE DIEM ADVENTURE SPORTS
Phone: +55 19 3254 5516
Email: [email protected]
URL: www.carpediemsports.com.br
Address: Rua Vital Brasil, 471 - JD, Bela Vista, Brazil
DZ: Campinas

Company: AZUL DO VENTO – SKYDIVE CAMPINAS
Phone: +55 19 246 0455, +55 19 971 2857 (mobile)Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
URL: http://www.azuldovento.com.br
Address: Av. Modesto Fernandes, 354/21 Barao Geraldo 13085-472 Campinas, SP, Brazil
DZ: Skydive Campinas

Hope this helps! :)

Be safe.
Ed

I'm living in Moab now......... so I thin kit is easier to find my answers here in US.

Thanks.

Cya
Andre.