tr027

PF Intermediate

Anybody have any info, or can obtain info on when the new PF intermediate suit will be introduced?? thanks.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Robi is working on the suit as we speak it should be hitting the market around July.

OMG I can't freakin' wait!! I met the PF guys at Zhills and tried on both suits and was so impressed with the craftsmanship, material quality and knowledge behind the products - wow, they just blew my teva's off.

I don't jump enough to get to a Vampire level suit and even though I demo'ed and was extremely impressed with the beginner suit, I guess I just want more of a straightjacket :P And I'm used to my Gti. Anyway, it's getting time for another suit and I really, really want a PF suit! So I just can't freakin' wait! Anyone know if they are taking pre-orders?

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

I have to have more freefall, before I can take the course.

Why not get the PF tracking outfit in the meantime? I am still getting mine dialed in (am averaging mid 80's now), but the forward speed is sick and I am having too much fun with it.

I've got about 20 skydives with the tracking outfit and I am not even close to getting full performance from it. The learning part is fun though. :)

Would you compare their beginner suit with Gti, please?

Well, I'm not an expert, not even a capable pilot yet, actually. I only have 5 flights: 4 Gti and 1 prodigy. IMO, if I had not already bought the Gti, I would have DEFINITELY chosen the prodigy. You just have to find a way to demo one. It's amazing. You don't have to do any prep in the plane, and I mean: none. Even on the ground, to get rigged up, all you have to do is put on the jacket, then your rig, then your pants. The pants are just like tracking pants plus a wing, and they attach to your sneaks so that you can get good tension. The arm wings undo by either pushing your arms upwards (reaching hard & quick, or you can reach in towards your waist and undo the snaps. You can attach the snaps easily in the plane or on the groiund. You can walk to the plane, board the plane, sit down, get up, and jump with out doing ANY rigging. There are no leg zippers, and also no arm zippers because you don't need to unsnap your wings if you don't want to, i.e. base, but for optimal canopy control(skydiving/swooping) you can undo them in 0.2 seconds. It's just a revolutionary design and I adore it. Plus it's a great price! Go for it!

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

I am not an experienced enough pilot to compare adequately. Remember, I only have 5 wingsuit flights.

I imagine there must be a performance tradeoff for the convenience and comfort of the prodigy. I think the new PF intermediate suit will rival the Gti, where the prodigy is probably a rival to the classic II. I noticed a difference, but not a fall rate/ floating type difference. I think the "different feel" I experienced was due to the different designs of the leg wing and the different hand positions I had. The prodigy has grippers and with the Gti your hands are free.

There is another thread by a more experienced pilot you should read if you haven't already. Here is a link:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1667158;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

I have to have more freefall, before I can take the course.

Why not get the PF tracking outfit in the meantime? I am still getting mine dialed in (am averaging mid 80's now), but the forward speed is sick and I am having too much fun with it.

I've got about 20 skydives with the tracking outfit and I am not even close to getting full performance from it. The learning part is fun though. :)

def. do that i got to demo the tracking stuff at the farm last weekend and it was amazing at the lift and speed you get out of it... i can't wait to see how much better a wingsuit is
Pruitt

Skydive The Farm