Martini

Balloon jump

Got to do a balloon jump (Thanks Burner) Friday at Eloy on my "new" S-3. Without a doubt one of the coolest experiences of my life. Any birdies who haven't done one should consider doing ANYTHING it takes to make this jump. My body had a tasty swoop across the desert but my brain hasn't landed yet. Sweeeeet!
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Got to do a balloon jump (Thanks Burner) Friday at Eloy on my "new" S-3. Without a doubt one of the coolest experiences of my life. Any birdies who haven't done one should consider doing ANYTHING it takes to make this jump. My body had a tasty swoop across the desert but my brain hasn't landed yet. Sweeeeet!

Is this the "S3" you tried during the Holiday boogie?

Kris.

Yep, it was only my 9th jump on the S-3 (I had about 60 on my GTI). I got the balloon ticket at the X-mas boogie but due to wind/schedule wasn't able to get a balloon ride until Friday (lucky for me since I left for home that day). I made several jumps on the new w/s a few days before and felt pretty comfortable doing the balloon. BTW the S-3 is much harder to fly than the GTI both technically and physically but pays off especially in forward speed. I haven't done any flocks with it yet but will hopefully get some in soon. I hated to sell the GTI but had to to get the S-3. Kris, did we get any flocks in at the boogie? Sushi dinner? I met so many people and had so much fun there that it's all getting blurry.

Kris, did we get any flocks in at the boogie? Sushi dinner? I met so many people and had so much fun there that it's all getting blurry.

Yeah, I am the guy that was flying the Silver and Black S3. I also tried uni for the first time at that sushi dinner. You will get used to flying the S3.

Kris.

Hey Kris, I thought that was you, hard to tell from your profile. I sure had a good time at the boogie (just got back from Arizona and had no real net access). I really enjoyed flying and learning with everyone, particularly you, Taya and Tonto. My ws partner here also flies a silver /black suit, a GTI though. I never did figure out how you liked the uni. I'm pretty broke but I get it practically for free diving here. A nice bit of irony considering that it costs about $100/lb. retail. I fly my wingsuit on about 8/10 jumps so hopefully the S-3 will become second nature pretty soon. Beside the great flocking dives we had, the New Years Eve wingsuit jump at midnight from the DC-3 was pretty amazing. I'm now trying to figure out how to make the birdboogie at Lodi in May and how to get my next balloon fix.