KrisFlyZ

Have you heard these words?

Nope, but I have flown with my feet on my ass to stay with a flock. :) I also like diving out of the plane last and swooping down to the flock... my times are often 20 seconds shorter than the people who got out first since I spent so much time in a dive.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

"You guys were sinking out fast, so I decided to fly for time".

Plan your dive and dive your plan. ;)

This can be dangerous at times when you lose sight of the other flockers in your group. [:/]

When this happens, it's good swooping practice and it will enable you to fly your suit with more control when your flying with your wings collapsed. :)

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

That's good advice, Ed. I used to be horrible at watching the group sink out while I would peel off a bit and maintain my floaty solo flock. It wasn't really forcing me to fly my suit.

What I found in my classic was I get so floaty that when I collapse my wings, I don't get the forward drive out of my leg wing to stick with the group anyway. I still have a hard time finding that delicate balance. Now, I'm admittedly pretty non-aggressive so I'm working on that too.;)

Anyways, my point was that you made a great point and I wish I had heard that 30 jumps ago!B|

Maybe my new S3 will help me in the flocks...

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I recall those words from Casper at Eloy before we convinced him that it's more fun to actually fly with the rest of us. As Ed pointed out, once you make a decision to flock, you have to work to make it happen (admittedly sometimes more work than others). For me it's a lot about maintaining forward speeds on my GTi when jumping with S3's. But jumping with lots of newbies is great for learning how to dive and fly with wings collapsed. Tonto and I also did a great jump at Eloy with Sam and Richard--us in our wingsuits, them in Pheonix fly tracking suits. We managed to fly relative and dock! I think everyone should try flying their wingsuit with someone in a tracking suit, Pantz, or other tracking gear. It's awesome. -T
It's the Year of the Dragon.