kalla

BergerBag (D-Bag)

I've ordered a BergerBag from Sunpath and was wondering... (I know, a bit too late now)
Is anyone using it with wingsuits even camerasuits?
Has anyone had any negative experiences? (In general)
Is there more wear and tear than the conventional bag?
How about the lines? Does the lack of "bungy friction" have any effects?

I like new toys, but also want to be informed...

I have a stowless D-bag (not a BergerBag, but similar) and have jumped it as an AFF/I, RW jumper and with a wingsuit. I haven't noticed anything different when jumping it. My canopy still opens great, still opens soft, and still packs just the same (minus the rubber-bands, of course). I can't change canopies around as easy anymore, as the bag limits how much (or little) you can get it the bag, but I don't do that too much anymore now anyway.

There are a couple good threads on stow-less D-bags on this site. If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find them!

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

I now have almost 100 jumps on the Berger bag... all of them with my wingsuit. Seems great so far. My initial concern was wear on our HMA lines... after a few jumps my concern shifted to the lines wearing the bag.

I think from what I've seen so far, no problem will be found at either end. And the openings are terrific... I hate dealing with stows. My feeling is that inconsistant stows are a large cause of line twists causing the bag to turn during line deployment.

I always experienced a fair number of line twists (combination of un-modded rig, bridal, etc.) I seem to have fewer with this bag.

keep asking and I'll report with more jumps/experience, etc...

Chris

As far as i know, there is one manufacturer in belgium, i found his site somewheer in a thread but can't find it now.
He's exclusively been manufacturing for SP, and afaik SP only offers them to their customers/containers.
Would really be interested in one too, so i guess i'll mail Sunrise Rigging (Who made my Wings) for some info. My guess is, though, that once the bags are in more widespread use (at least a year as SP states they're still being "tested"), other manufacturers will hop on the train. Except SP patents it and they have to work out and test their own designs, that is..:S
Hopefully someone makes them for other rigs as well, they seem to be nifty.B|
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Alright, nuff time passed...
The link to the Belgian manufacturer doesn't work any more.
I'm still interested in the bag, and i guess some people should have put 3-digit numbers of jumps on the thing. Results, experiences, pro and cons?
Anything? Greatly appreciated.
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...