Martini

Bootie blowoff

I've had a bootie blow off a couple of times doing aerobatics. My GTI was made for someone about an inch taller than me. Unzipping the leg with that problem is nearly impossible. If they both blew off and since I have no LQRS landing could be ugly, especially landing out. Anyone have a reasonable fix for this?
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

If they both blew off and since I have no LQRS

no leg release available Leroy, even drunk I saw that...

my advice, get someone sew you (if you can't do it on your own) some kind of rubber band to hold the bootie to your foot. That's my next enhancement on my suit.

Is it a 2nd hand suit you have ?? I have an S-Fly but it' snot tailor-made like a Birdman suit... The only negative point I have about my suit...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

get someone sew you (if you can't do it on your own) some kind of rubber band to hold the bootie to your foot.

Thats kind of what I was thinking. What materials will you use and where are the attachment points? Yeah, my GTI is second hand. Snug on the guy it was made for (5'-10" !80 lbs.) "comfortable" on me (5'-9" 165 lbs.).

Two ghetto fab ways to fix that prob. First is to use rubber bands over the booties (just your toes). Pull the RB off before/after unzipping. Second way is to wear shoes with a thicker sole, ie: hiking boots. They are usualy thicker in the sole and take that extra inch or two out of is there is slack in the leg.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Thicker soled shoes are a good idea, I'm trying to avoid another discipline-specific piece of gear though as boots are bad for freefly, rw and tuf surfs. I'm leaning toward a strap of some kind like fish is planning. In the mean time rubber bands sound like a good bandaid.

Just make the suit an inch shorter by grabbing the material at the front of the bootie (at about ankle-heigt) and stitch that together (see my great pic) A friend of mine had that done on his suit after a tip by our BMI. Works great and is easy to remove if you want to sell it again.

ciel bleu,
Saskia