Jasmin

Oz Wingsuit Weekend

For those of you that missed it:
------------------------------------------
Hey Everyone,

Ever wanted to do a birdman jump? Have you wanted to try this new discipline but don't have access to a suit or instruction? Ever wanted to slow your descent down to below 70mph, (how does a 2 minute freefall from 14k sound?) Well guess what? Now is your chance, thanks to some funding from the VPC state coach we will be able to have a wingsuit seminar at Skydive Nagambie on the 3-5th of September! The aim is to introduce as many jumpers as possible to wingsuit flight and to get them up for their first flights. To this end, we will have a number of demo suits available as well as instruction.

So the big question everyone is wanting to know - How much?

Jumps are at the usual slot prices, hire of the wingsuit will be $10 per flight. The seminar and basic instruction will be free! :)You will need to have at a minimum 200 jumps (you will also need CI approval), a BOC equipped container with a suitable main.

For the experienced wingsuit flyers: We will be getting together for some flocking action! Its a chance to do more than just solo's or 2 ways - lets aim for a full load of wingsuit jumpers. If you know of anyone who would like to play invite them down and lets see what we can shake up! (If they have a Classic or GTI that they are willing to loan out that would be handy as well!)

If you want to play, or are willing to help out - contact me for further details,

Cheers!

Darren Griggs
041-950-7939
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Thanks Jas for putting this out on dz.com as I had forgotten! Whoops!

The only piece of news that I would like to add is that we should have 2 or 3 qualified instructors available for first flight courses & 1-1's. Not to mention a variety of suits for everyone to try! For the experienced jumpers there should be some cool flocking action as well. The numbers for this are looking pretty good and we should be able to fill out the XL ;)

So if you want to come down and play, shoot me a message.

Cheers!
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

hey dude,
there are a few of us wingsuiting at Nagambie most weekends and we're always eager for more to join us.
look forward to jumping with you(*)
Mike

(*provided you aren't a terrifying sociopath)

I am in Melbourne as I type and it looks like the weather will be good this weekend, I am going to head up on Saturday morning, will there be some other birds around I hope?

Simon