Skylark

Flying

Soon, I hope. I've heard that one needs 500 jumps in the UK to be able to fly, whereas in the US its 200. I also heard there are regular Birdmen courses in the US for people making their first flight. What does anyone know? Is it only 200 jumps? How much does the course cost, how long does it last, where is it held and how many jumps do you get? Is it like AFF where, once you qualify, you can jump your own suit? Any help much appreciated.

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

BMIs teach the courses, it's up to them who they take up. Recommendations are 200 within the last 18 months or 500 total.

I charge based off the birdman's recommended rates of:
30.00 ground school
10.00 wingsuit rental
20.00 bmi check dive
+ 2 jump tickets.

Check out flybirdman.com calendar, dz.com calendar, and bird-man.com for locations and dates as well as instructors on birdman's website.

Kevin

the birdman's recommended rates of:
30.00 ground school
10.00 wingsuit rental
20.00 bmi check dive
+ 2 jump tickets.

Check out flybirdman.com calendar, dz.com calendar, and bird-man.com for locations and dates as well as instructors on birdman's website.

Kevin

And that is very good incentive to get your BM-I.

See, I know for a fact that there are three people out there that want to become a BM-I like myself. I still have no one for the June course being held here at Skydive Alabama!!! Sign up soon!!!
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

I charge based off the birdman's recommended rates of:
30.00 ground school
10.00 wingsuit rental
20.00 bmi check dive
+ 2 jump tickets.

Is the 2 jump tickets because there are 2 training jumps? Or is it "1 for the BMI, 1 for the BM Student"?

And I'm not just asking for academia. I'm working toward my 200 in the last 18 months. :)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Skylark,

Have a look at BPA Guidelines for Jumping Wingsuits. These are only guidelines and not rules but they are followed at my dz, Langar, where I am a BirdMan Instructor. We recommend 500 jumps for a solo jump or 250 jumps in the last 18 months when undertaking instruction from an experienced wingsuit jumper, but since your profile is empty there is no way of telling whether you qualify or not. I charge 2 slots plus £15 which covers ground school, hire of suit, loan of Protrack and download, and video with debrief. The ground school takes between 30 minutes and 1 hour and after your first flight you will normally be qualified to jump as you wish, within reason. Suits can be hired for further flights. Let me know if you are interested in coming to Langar to do your first flight.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

I am also a Birdman Intructor based at Target Skysports, Hibaldstow, Lincolnshire. It is strongly recommended that on your first dive, you jump with a BMI to provide support and safety.

A first jump covers instruction (typically 30 - 45mins), suit hire, video and a first jump with myself.

I do not charge for my instruction, all I ask is that my slot is covered and I get a cup of tea.

For directions, goto www.skydiving.co.uk or send me a message.

Simon

I am also a Birdman Intructor based at Target Skysports, Hibaldstow, Lincolnshire. It is strongly recommended that on your first dive, you jump with a BMI to provide support and safety.

A first jump covers instruction (typically 30 - 45mins), suit hire, video and a first jump with myself.

I do not charge for my instruction, all I ask is that my slot is covered and I get a cup of tea.

For directions, goto www.skydiving.co.uk or send me a message.

Simon

A cup of tea? Is that what they do over there in lieu of beer?

"Oh first wingsuit jump?? Case of tea!"

:D

just messin with ya

Skylark,

Have a look at BPA Guidelines for Jumping Wingsuits. These are only guidelines and not rules but they are followed at my dz, Langar, where I am a BirdMan Instructor. We recommend 500 jumps for a solo jump or 250 jumps in the last 18 months when undertaking instruction from an experienced wingsuit jumper.

Craig,

Just to clarify, does that mean that, with 250 jumps, one has to jump with an instructor first, but after a few jumps with a BMI one can jump alone? And that with 500 jumps, one only needs groundschool before they can jump solo?

SL.

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

Just to clarify, does that mean that, with 250 jumps, one has to jump with an instructor first, but after a few jumps with a BMI one can jump alone?

Correct, as long as the 250 jumps are within 18 months (give or take) and it is normally as little as one jump with a BMI.

And that with 500 jumps, one only needs groundschool before they can jump solo?

With 500 jumps, you don't even need groundschool. Theoretically you can buy and jump your own suit without any external interference although most CCIs worth their salt would probably want to know what you are doing and be satisfied that you aren't going to kill yourself.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live