skoty

Do you use modifications or not

Longer bridle has been the one thing everyone suggested - so I did that on my rig. Didn't get a larger PC as I jump camera and like the lighter extraction of the d-bag. Had Rob at Morpheus do the corners and extend the bridle on my wife's rig; definitely makes a difference if you sometimes dump in a track.:P
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

I had the Mod done on My Javelin...
I like it...only thing makes packing a little more
hard if you put a little bigger Main in though..

I use Standard size Pilotchute..but its ZP..
Some people dont recommend using Zp
because it has a tendency to slide out or so
when you get more wear on Spandex BOC..

I just keep an eye on mine and make sure
my PC doesnt slide around..also have a
Monkey fist and everything stays nice and
tight..Never really liked the way some Hackey Handles looked Dangleing around..just my Preference..
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or just piggy back on top of this thread. So I choose to piggy back on this one.

I recently received my new (used) Vector3 container and am awaiting the arrival of my new (used) Spectre 150 canopy which will then be used predominately for wingsuit jumps (but I would also like to use it as a 2nd rig for non-wingsuit jumps). I am in no rush to get this rig up in the air because I also just sent off the Cypres for a 4-year check and currently haven't sent in an order for a wingsuit. But I'm thinking that I should also get off of my butt and figure out what sort of mods I want/need to make to this rig. And last week I emailed RWS about the merits of doing a dynamic corner mod on this rig, but haven't received a reply yet. So I just sent off another email (directed at their riggers, but also to some other people there).

Anyway, to make a long story short(er), I would like to figure out what sort of mods I need to be thinking about.

1) Is a dynamic corner mod the right thing to do and if RWS can't/won't do it, should I be talking to someone at Morpheus or some other people? And am I setting myself up for trouble if the container has this mod done on non-wingsuit jumps.

2) The birdman website mentions that they sell the 100" bridle (plus I know of a rigger who says that he can modify an existing bridle). So a long bridle is good for wingsuit jumps, but what about non-wingsuit jumps.

3) Finally, I'm also under the impression that a 28" pilot chute (which I can get from Birdman) is also a good idea for wingsuit jumps, but what about non-wingsuit jumps?

Thanks in advance for all your replies. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

i jump a racer that was modified/dynamic corners and works great for wingsuit and regular jumps,I tend to pull in a track and close container with grommett and pilot chute toward feet.have had no adverse openings in over 500 wingsuits!!! Of course different people get different results.Nice choice of canopy as docile is good till you get comfortable with pull procedure
Only he can be happy,who can make his the present hour,for today he has lived

1. if your rig has tight corners and you have a tight fit with the chute you're using it might be a good idea.Otherwise open corners are a non issue for regular jumps

2.A longer bridle will not negatively affect non wingsuit jumps, non of the mods will

3. 28" is pretty much what comes with most rigs already and it works fine with Birdman and Non Birdman jumps. Going larger might cause for brisker openings on non birdman jumps and be over kill unless you are going to Birdman BASE
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

1. if your rig has tight corners and you have a tight fit with the chute you're using it might be a good idea.Otherwise open corners are a non issue for regular jumps

I guess I should wait for the new (used) Spectre 150 to arrive and check out the pack volume then?

2.A longer bridle will not negatively affect non wingsuit jumps, non of the mods will

Cool ... I didn't think the longer bridle would hurt the non-wingsuit jumps, but I wasn't sure at the same time.

3. 28" is pretty much what comes with most rigs already and it works fine with Birdman and Non Birdman jumps. Going larger might cause for brisker openings on non birdman jumps and be over kill unless you are going to Birdman BASE

Birdman BASE is a long term goal of mine, but I will be using BASE specific gear and hopefully will have a better understanding of what PCs to use on those jumps. So a larger PC on wingsuit skydives doesn't seem necessary.

Thanks for the info Scott. I hope to get measured this weekend so that an order for a GTi can be placed. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

don't know much about cut corners etc...
as far as I know, long bridle won't affect fon non WS jump, the only thing is it lessers the "risk" of having your PC in the burble behind you.
the bigger PC is also made to increase the surface that "can" be out of the burble and extract everything. At "normal" freefall speeds, it will extract your POD faster, so you might have harder openings. But th erigger who made my mods has a theory, which says that he prefers to have everything going out.
Question for the more experimented : will a larger PC help having "straighter" openings as the POD is gong out faster ? Will it decrease the potentiality of line twists ??
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579