murrays

New PantZ!

The fedex guy dropped off my PantZ this morning. The question I have is:

"How much am I going to love'em?"

I hope to do a tracking dive and also take a slow falling PFF student up with them on tomorrow....will let you know how it goes.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Did a tracking dive with the PantZ and it was quite interesting. It took a while for the others to get sorted out...I was hanging back to video...and I was a long way from the leader but when I straightened the legs out, cupped the shoulders and got it going I just zoomed to the front of the dive. It was very impressive to see how much faster I was able to go.

Didn't wear them on the PFF dives...figured I should have a bit more experience with them before trying that out.

I loaned them to a buddy to use on a freefly dive and he really liked them.

The only thing I didn't like about them was how hot they are...the material doesn't breathe..which is what gives them their performance...but they are a but sweaty to wear.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

The freefly version seems to be really popular. I got the BASE version. I don't freefly (anymore) so I'm wondering if anyone's tried freeflying with the BASE version, and are they really all that detrimental to your head down (obviously to your sit).
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

I dont understand how detrimental they could be to your sit? I could understand detrimental if you were LEARNING how to sit, but how could more surface area be a bad thing? Thats quicker response with leg movements, correct? Off topic, I know... :$

I know about the whole less drag bottom more up top, but experienced folks sitfly in suits that have a lot of baggy material around the ankles all the time.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...