LouDiamond

What IS the "MATTER"?

I think it's very cool of Fly Your Body to link to BirdMan's site, and even detail their buddy deal, right on their own site. Not too mention that the BirdMan site has a link to the video of Loic flying the S-Fly down the ski slope. It's kind of nice to think of them as two companies working towards the same goal, as opposed to just being competitors.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

I thought that was a french base sight and not related to fly your body? Either way, it's nice to see coverage on both regardless.

As a side bar, I have it under good authority that some of the issues I mentioned with the matter suit are also shared by others who have the suit. So it appears that my observations are not solely my perception but shared by others as well.

Edited to add: just over at the PD site and the pictures of Loic are a good reference for basically the only body position to fly in and to note the differences in the Matter and Salomon suit variations.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I was kindly offered a flight with the Matter suit in the FriFlaj-festival Sweden. With a one flight's experience I cannot go wery deep in describing it's performance any further than Lou did, whose thoughts I mostly agree. The one things I was really impressed was the quality of fabrics and the durable look of the suit compared to BM-suits. Those suits I saw, were sewn together with wery strong thread and with a good workmanship. I also liked the fabric they used for the wings, as it had a lot less friction with air while flying, going through air like a knife. I wery much agree with Lou in the static position flying, which seems to be a must with that suit. I was able to get an average speed between 60 and 65 mph, but the suit was a bit long for me, and it was bit hard to keep the leg wing in it's optimal shape.

I talked a lot with Cedric about wingsuit flying, BM's and their products and about developing the sport. It was wery nice to meet a person who, even while representing his own company, is open to good discussion with people representing a competing company. That is the way the whole thing develops and we will see suits with even more performance in the coming years.

Vesa
BMCI

"Fear is the path to the Dark side"
(Master Yoda)

Not 100% sure, but the suit(Salomon) on the French base site appears to have a larger piece of neoprene down the front for the entire length of the zipper unlike the Matter suit I flew. If that is the case then I think getting in and out of the suit might be a bit easier and wear and tear on the suit would be less. How this effects the suits overall flight characteristics is probablly negligible in my estimation.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING