vid666

any ideas ?

Just did 2 Birdman flighs on Sunday. Classic II.

both of a CASA tailgate. Awesome time, but nowhere near the numbers you guys post here. I have included the graphs, maybe you can give me some pointers as a first timer :)

thanks !

Paul

2ndbirdman_small.jpg

1stbirdman_small.jpg

Don't feel bad...
I just made my eighth flight on Saturday(GTi), and I'm still not turnin' the numbers these guys are either...[:/] BUT...

It's infukkincredible!
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

Welcome to the flock!

I'm assuming that you are exiting facing the plane with your legs big and your arms small. This gets you level when jumping from a tailgate, but if you don't get your arms big the moment you're level, you will get into a dive that takes a bit to get out of. If you are exiting facing the tail, do a gainer exit, rather than dive out, as that, too, will lock you into a dive.

It looks like you need to just get bigger in general. Get your limbs way out there, roll your shoulders forwards, and d-arch just a tad. Keep your horizontal profile as slim as possible.

I also recommend wearing your ProTrack in your front pants pocket to get a smoother, more accurate chart.

Good luck! You'll get it.

(Edited for spelling)
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Hmmm... that's odd. The only way that I've seen really to hit three digits is to dive it. You might have your arms too far back... like sort of behind and above you, while keeping your tail big. That's a guaranteed dive. Sort of hard to tell just from the charts.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

relax, but dont let the suit control you. Stay in a one position and then go from there with small changes and see what it does... dotn make radical changes.....
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Flying a Sabre 210 - I pulled at about 4600 on the first flight, and about 4200 on the second. I believe my wings weren't collapsed fully on the second flight, thus the much faster ( in verical distance ) opening. I was told I was pretty conservative with pulling. Then again, I am sure everybody has a different idea of safe/conservative/etc.

Paul