vidiot

Poll: Your Average Fallrate

First of all, I'd like to apologize for cross-posting, but I wanted to make sure I reach those only reading the forum of their specific interest.

Maybe you can help: I'm trying to figure out more accurate fallrates for the different disciplines. With all those ProTracks out there, it should be possible to collect a wide sample of average freefall speeds and to calculate an overall avergae freefall speed for the different disciplines.

So, I'd really appreciate if you could state your average fallrate for the different jump types you do, based on your ProTrack readings (TAS), e.g:

RW: 120mph
Freefly: 180mph
Speed: 250mph
Wingsuit: 80mph

I'll summarize and post the results later.

Thanks for your help!
Klaus
My Logbook

is it average or you max average ? what is your max ? can you show any graphs with 250 average ?

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

is it average or you max average ? what is your max ? can you show any graphs with 250 average ?

As I'm currently writing software to display those graphs, I can show you any average you want. :)
Seriously, those numbers were just made up as an example, I don't even own a ProTrack yet...
My Logbook

As I'm currently writing software to display those graphs, I can show you any average you want. :)

what software ? is it gonna take data from protrack ? then there is jumptrack that works with protrack.

Seriously, those numbers were just made up as an example, I don't even own a ProTrack yet...

yeah, i noticed "e.g:" now :) 250 is kinda high for just average for speed dives. i get just above 240
mph average for dives with ~290 max. with a world record of 300 mph i was curious to see 250 mph average dive :)

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum