Faber

i need

How easy are they to cut away?And to atach again(like softhoustings at a rig?)
Ill need to cut mine off each time,while i i got a lot of jelly since i bougrth it.

Im making the same kind of loops as the wings has,i can see you have ended it at the foot the same way im planing

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I can attest that it takes quite a bit longer to re-hook your LQRS than it does your arms.

As a side-note: I am planning on connecting my LQRS to my right-side wing cutaway handle, so that when I pull the one handle, both are released. I see no reason whatsoever, especially after my Eloy incident, that I would not pull both anyway.

Chuck
I got's me THREE suits! How bouts YOU?

I can attest that it takes quite a bit longer to re-hook your LQRS than it does your arms.

As a side-note: I am planning on connecting my LQRS to my right-side wing cutaway handle, so that when I pull the one handle, both are released. I see no reason whatsoever, especially after my Eloy incident, that I would not pull both anyway.

Chuck

sweet idea... haev to get with you on that one
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I am planning on connecting my LQRS to my right-side wing cutaway handle, so that when I pull the one handle, both are released.

Have you suggested this to Bird-man? It seems like a really good idea. Can you post pictures when you do it? I'm thinking I'll have to try something like that for mine.
I's only gots me two suits. But iffin' I gets a S3, then I'll haves threes'um.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Chuck

chuck... wouldnt the tension from both cause it to be harder to pull overall
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I am planning on connecting my LQRS to my right-side wing cutaway handle, so that when I pull the one handle, both are released

I first wanted somthing like that.I like the idea at Crossbow that you only have 1 handel.(as i have seen),however when you want to make a cut,for both your arms and legs youll get 1 major problem..The cabels has to be pulled in 2 differentways(the one to the leg goes up,and to the arm go down),i know that youll pull sideways but you now have to pull whith a incradeble force..I worked further whith it,but can only see one way to do it..use velcro in the top of your LQRS,so you dont need that hard pull in the start.However the only place i want velcro at my skydive gear,would be at the toogles..(so it aint an option for me.
Any one made a cut that way,whith out velcro,i would like to talk to,before i get it back from the rigger..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I got a PM asking for more detailed shots of the handle itself.
I've attached photos of the handle, both in place and removed from the suit. I've shown it from the front and back, as well as "sideways" (the way it sits when you actually have to pull it). I've also shown it with a standard arm wing cutaway (stock bird-man size) and a deck of cards for size comparison.
Hope this helps.

-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

inplace.jpg

legandarm.jpg

leghandle.jpg

legreverse.jpg

sideview.jpg

wouldnt the tension from both cause it to be harder to pull overall

Today I tried this as a ground test. I attached the two handles with a velcro slider tie down (it's a short piece of velcro that you use to keep the slider connected to the front links), and waddled around the back yard pulling the tie down to extract both handles. It was a bit harder to pull, especially in "high tension" positions (like legs spread as hard as possible), but not too bad. I think this method (connecting the two normal handles) might offer an easier pull than actually sewing all the cables into one handle, since it allows the pull to be a bit more "outward" before the cables have to move.
I'll be curious to hear how it works with both cables sewn into one handle.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com