base704

My Javelin d-bag and bridle...

...are one and the same?:S

Went to change bridle and p/c and found that the kill-line (hate that term) bridle was sewn "permanently" to the inside of the bag.

Anyone else ever seen this before? I personally will more than likely do some de-stitching to remove it, but wanted to see if anyone else had run into this. The bridle/bag/and p/c all came with the rig, which is a Javelin J1, d.o.m. Oct,00.

Anybody?
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

Thanx Chuck...

Upon further investigation, I found that the bridle I got from Birdman is no longer than the one I'm currently using. Looks like a go with the current set-up...Granted, I'll still be usin' that big f-111 p/c, but so far it has served me well...

Looks like beer's on me after I return the bridle and p/c that I got from Birdman.

Also, I wanted to let ya know that I enjoyed the "class" that you put on for Blair and I...It was great to meet you, and we both left with more knowledge than we had when we arrived.
Lookin' forward to some serious flockin' after I get this thing dialed in...

-TJ
base704
ncbase4

You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

I too came to the same Horrid realization as you did, when I went to change out my pilot chute and bridle on my odyssy. After about ten minutes with a seam ripper, the problem was allieviated. I'm using a substantially longer bridle than what came with my Jav, for my wing suit jumping. It's a little different waiting for bag launch, but you get used to it. I have used the standard bridle on my bird suit, and i don't think it's quite as effective, espessially if you have a weak through. Cocking the new pilot chute takes a little getting used to also. I have to step on the bag, then step on the bridal, then pull it accross my chest, then accross to my other hand. It looks like a GIANT "Z". It's also wierd looking up at your canopy, and seeing this extremly long bridle trailing behind you. It makes your canopy look much smaller. If your going to fly a small canopy with your bird suit, I recomend three things. 1. Tube inserts in your risers. These will save you one day. Personally I like the Vector inserts because they will not come down and snake their way through the loop on your 3 ring. I have seen two jav inserts do this, and potentially cause an impossible cut away.
2. Extended bridle. This allows your pilot chute to escape the burble behind you giving you a cleaner launch of your bag. 3. Leaving at least 24 inches of lines unstowed between your risers and your first stow. The air is turbulant enough behind your back, and line stows make the bag move around during deployment. If you allow the bag clear the burble before starting to unstow the lines, this will decrease your chance of line twists.

These are only my opinions. They have worked for me. Don't take it as the gosple, but at least give it a try.

Wow, interesting. Sorry about that! We recommend a bridle that is 100" from pin to pilot chute. Is the bridle that came w your rig 100" from the pin to the pilot chute? Is that the length of the bridle we sold you. (It should be, if it's not, it was made incorrectly.)

If you don't want the pc you brought from us, please return it (unjumped, of course) and we will refund all your money. No problem. Email me personally at [email protected] with any questions or concerns.

I can't get to this site all that often, so if you ever need to get a hold of me, emailing or calling me at BirdMan works best (same goes with Jari.)

Hope you all had a sunnier weekend than we did in DeLand!

Slower Faster Longer

Kim Griffin
BirdMan Inc
-Kimberly Griffin