bps

Christmas is a little early this year

Ok. I can't resist this post.

After ordering our wingsuits at the end of the "buy one, get the 2nd for half off" special, our wingsuits finally arrived today. (they ran out of our color choice and we decided to wait)

3 of us actually went in on the deal, and it just happens that all 3 of us work in the same place.

The other 2 soon-to-be birdmen made it a point to rush into my office every single day and harass me about the suit's location, as if I had a handle on the where-abouts.

Well today, one of my compadres tapped me on the shoulder and when I turned around, BAM! There he was, spreading his wings on his all-white GTi.

Within 20 minutes, all 3 of us were running around the building spreading our wings for all to see. One would have thought it was Christmas morning and Santa had paid us his visit.

I wore my suit for over an hour today and it is hanging right by my desk for the world to see. (she sure is beautiful)

And I sip my beer with a smile, knowing that her first flight is approaching soon...

Bryan

Ok. I can't resist this post.

After ordering our wingsuits at the end of the "buy one, get the 2nd for half off" special, our wingsuits finally arrived today. (they ran out of our color choice and we decided to wait)

3 of us actually went in on the deal, and it just happens that all 3 of us work in the same place.

The other 2 soon-to-be birdmen made it a point to rush into my office every single day and harass me about the suit's location, as if I had a handle on the where-abouts.

Well today, one of my compadres tapped me on the shoulder and when I turned around, BAM! There he was, spreading his wings on his all-white GTi.

Within 20 minutes, all 3 of us were running around the building spreading our wings for all to see. One would have thought it was Christmas morning and Santa had paid us his visit.

I wore my suit for over an hour today and it is hanging right by my desk for the world to see. (she sure is beautiful)

And I sip my beer with a smile, knowing that her first flight is approaching soon...

Bryan

my GOD you guys are dorks. In the OFFICE? What do you do? Work in a loony bin?

Congrats on the suits, I know the feeling I was the same way.. at least I did it at HOME.

:D

Pics?

my GOD you guys are dorks. In the OFFICE? What do you do? Work in a loony bin?

What he's not telling you is that he is one of the lucky people--he gets paid by the government to skydive all day.

Combine skydivers, military, college, and an otter. Stir...

I bet that people wandering abround in wingsuits is the least of the things that go on at his work.

Hey bps, bring the suit to AZ for Christmas. It's looking more likely I'll be out there every day (damn Malaysian Airlines! $2300 to KL?!).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The suit knows how to fly, so I'm sure she can teach you a thing or two by just wearing her around the office/house/bedroom... The people giving you weird-eye are just jealous because you know you can fly.

Nice to read you email! Have fun on the maiden voyage.

Slower, faster, longer... Kim
-Kimberly Griffin

You're right Kevin -- an office full of mundane people would never understand the concept, but it is ironic that even in an work environment where everyone is a skydiver, you still draw some amused looks. :)
Tom, one of the Colorado locals is going to Malaysia...and his airfare is in the normal range (700ish)..did they run out of seats or what? I'll be bummed for you if you can't go, but the on the flip side, I may get to make some jumps with you! I'll stay in touch about Az...

And thank you Kim! Without Birdman, real human flight would not be possible...

Bryan