kkeenan

Definition of CRW

I just saw this in another forum. Please excuse the cross-post, but this is so insightful.
Kevin K.
---------------------------------------
Canopy Formation Skydivers too scared to experience the horrors of free-fall often deploy their parachutes just as soon as they can after leaving the aircraft, and instead substitute the insanity of flying their parachutes into each other.

If the hapless jumper manages to grab hold of some part of the other jumper's equipment, body or whatever, and if the canopies do not wrap themselves up into a tangled, spinning pin-wheel, nor rip themselves into shreds of worthless fabric, and if the suspension lines do not cut the jumpers in half or strip their skin clean to the bones, as they so often want to do, and if the canopies somehow miraculously stay inflated and flying in more or less the same direction, the resulting collision is called a canopy formation.

I love it!

Course the freefall part is true - when I had my crazy CRW camp, we were gonna do the CRW stack, 2 way in freefall, and then a 2 stack - there was only one person there besides me who felt comfortable enough in freefall that they thought they could actually make a freefall 2-way!