aphid

'08 CF World Meet

That's wonderful! Such a beautiful DZ staffed and frequented by some of the most friendly folks I've come across in this sport. If only Linda and I could be there for it ...

Bob

PS - Hi Saskia! Say hello for me to Henny, Kees, John, Erik ("Ear"), and the CF couple whose names I've unfortunately forgotten!

Hey Bob :)
Will do, haven't seen Erik "Ear" in a while though, maybe he's hibernating or something ;)

You mean Tom and Caren (CaTo) I think ;)

yep, that's us :-) i remember our jumps together :-)
we will try to compete at the worldmeet this september

caren and tom, aka CaTo
Caren

http://www.paracentrumteuge.nl/content/view/69/121/

this is the teuge airport/ dz (up is north)
check also the rest of the site there is a bar and bunkhouse be fast and book a bed :)
the runway is extended last year by 600 meters towards the east making it 1199 meters long

ill see you all in september
danny

toet toet food driver

HI BOb,

Its also the country from 7 100 Way Worldrecord-members.
Remko , Marc ,Gerben , Kees , Henny , Slot Brothers = Eward & Herman .

Eward

[thread creep disclaimer]

Yes, indeed it is. My sincere congratulations to all! I soooo wanted to be on that load :(, but at least I got to see it up close and personal.

Bob

PS - I made the supreme mistake of confusing a Dutch woman as being of German nationality ... in Arnhem of all places! :o Fortunately, she didn't take offense to my mistake; she just kindly but firmly pointed it out to me. Sometimes one learns lifes lessons the hard way ...

[/thread creep disclaimer]

Accommodations? Would you recommend staying in Apeldoorn? Ideally, I'm likely looking for a mid-range hotel with restaurant and pub facility.

Any suggestions? (Unfortunately I don't speak/read Dutch and most of the local tourism information websites aren't translated)

Dank u zeer

John

(we can take this private if you'd prefer)

Accommodations? Would you recommend staying in Apeldoorn? Ideally, I'm likely looking for a mid-range hotel with restaurant and pub facility.

Any suggestions? (Unfortunately I don't speak/read Dutch and most of the local tourism information websites aren't translated)

Dank u zeer

John

(we can take this private if you'd prefer)

John also needs access to good Scotch, of course.

Stay warm John..... it's freezing here in Edmonton!

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

[thread creep]

water of course (at all levels :-)

Ah, yes. Bottled water in Europe. Spa reg (with gas, carbonated); Spa blue (without gas, non-carbonated). I like the simplicity, unlike the 5000+ different kinds of bottled water we have to choose from here. Alchohol? There I there I don't mind having a few more choices.

Hi Caren! Say hello to Tom for me.

Bob
[more thread creep]
PS - I think when I learn another language, it will be Dutch. I feel ignorant not knowing the local language where I visit. Finnish? Even some of the Finns I've spoke with said English was easier. :S
[/more thread creep]
[/thread creep]