RkyMtnHigh

Alti for CRW?

It's not just a matter of the alti being a snag point. If you have lines around your wrist/hand, the alti presents a lump that could easily prevent you from freeing your hand.

It's kindof like your thumb though: It's there and it sticks out a bit, but you just need to wiggle it to get it out of the way

Chris

I noticed some RW jumpers recently with new Tony suits (I think), that had a clear plastic pocket sewn into the inside of the left forearm for a Neptune (with a slit in the sleeve to insert it from inside). I thought that would be ideal for a crw jumpsuit - anyone else seen or used that setup?

I havn't been able to find anything on the web about these, but I was wondering if it would be possible to get the pockets as a seperate item and have them fitted to an existing suit.

BTW, for the record I currently use a chest mount alti cos I don't like the idea of a hand alti in a wrap, but I have had lines caught over it once.

Cheers,
Martin

I have seen a pocket like that before but is was a retrofit and it was located on the upper arm. I use a pocket on the leg but thinking about adding an additional one onthe upper arm.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

So, I'll have to figure out where to put the other hook knife to make room for the wedge.:S

... check out "The Wedge [tm]" by LookMa.

I have a Neptune alti attached to my right mud flap using "The Wedge". Great for wingsuit and tracking, and easy to read when under canopy.

Disclaimer: I only have 10 CF jumps as of now.

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

I agree, great for tracking and wingsuit because it is right there and easy to see. Probably even good for free flying. For CRW it is a snag point. I never liked the pillows and wedges because while in the harness they tend to ride higher so you have to crank in your chin to see it. Ilike the smooth no snag pockets on the suit where you can see them easily.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker