DA50

Wants to fly with the eagles

I am interested in getting involved in CRW and I would like some advice. I am in the market for a new rig. I think I might want to try CRW out for a season before I make a commitment. Could I do this with a Spectre first? And how about containers? I have been jumping some javelin demos but I’m guessing that’s not the right equipment, right?

Also, I looking for a training camp. Would there be anything coming up in the NY/NJ/PA area?

Where are you located? I jump at a small dz in PA (Maytown Sport Parachute Club ) that has 5 dedicated CRW jumpers. I usually only do 4-way rotation, but the other guys are always looking for new people to teach.

I think the spectre flies more nose down than a triathlon hybrid. I started out on one of those and it worked great for the basics. Plus, you can still use it for RW and such.

Come over to Maytown some weekend & we'll introduce you to a whole new world.

I'd also suggest going over to Wendy's world at http://crwdog.servebeer.com. Check out the CRW info section for some reading material. Also check out the really cool pictures and videos.

Let me know beforehand if you want to jump.

I live in Clinton, NJ, just east of Easton, PA off interstate 78. I’d love to come out and check it out, but I don’t have the equipment to do CRW yet. I have to work on that issue first.

What kind of container do you guys generally use. Can I use a Javelin? I currently have a Talon 2 that fits a 210. Can I put a 190 in that?

For small training dives, don't worry about what type of container you have. You can use almost any type of container being made. A 190 will work in the Talon 2. Depending on your exit weight we might even be able to round up a canopy for you to jump.

What canopy do you currently fly & at what exit weight?

I've got a Tri 175 you can jump. That'll get you a taste of CRW.

There's a beginner's camp in Florida at the end of August. Some of the best CRW jumpers in the world will be there instructing. Highly recommended. There's a thread in this forum.

The CRW Camp at Skydive Sebastian last weekend this month is a great opportunity because there isn't a registration fee, no demo fee for the Lightning, and no coaching fees..just pick up the slot for the instructor. Plus, we'll be learning from Mike Lewis (grand daddy of CRW ...he's gonna kill me for saying that outloud :ph34r:), Raul, Ernie Pliscott...all World Record Holders...and we'll have several other CRW guys there to either help out or have fun themselves with their formations and tips for us new pups.