andy2

CRW canopies?

What are the main mods/differences for a CRW canopy? Can I skydiving regularly with the exact same setup and just pull at normal altitude and land, etc. Or is the canopy so specialized Im going to need a different one if im not doing CRW on that jump? Thanks.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Recreational CRW is different then competitive or even just large formations. I'll form a quick 2 stack on the bottom end of a jump if there is altitude with a normal canopy. Granted I'm doing this with other experienced CRW dawgs and even then we are extremely careful and break it off if everything is not right.

If I want to do anything other then that I'll use a specialized CRW canopy with a retractible bridle and PC, a reenforced nose, different trim setup and other options that makes it better to use for CRW. Most CRW specific canopies can not be taken to terminal due to their design and mesh slider. CRW canopies are made to be thrown with a 2-3 second delay usually. CRW canopies are designed to fly nicely under weird tension and stuff. They are not designed to open nice, or land nice. Dacron lines are needed to avoid cutting off legs or arms in a wrap. Microline under tension cna cut clean through the skin.

Lightnings are the standard canopy used in the US for most CRW.

Get with your local CRW Dawg to understand the differences better.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I have a Triathlon Hybrid. It's very good for recreational CRW. It has a reinforced nose, red dacron center A and outside A lines, and a three ring PC retraction system. It can also be taken to terminal by just putting a regular PC/bridle on it.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher