stilettodude

Just curious

People do hi-perf microline CReW, but there are some serious risks involved. At those wingloadings, microline is very sharp, it can cut straight to the bone very easily if something happened. Not to mention the inharent dangers of doing CReW on canopies not setup for CReW (retractable PC, etc).

Ok, with that said, I still do some recreational CReW on my Heatwave. Nothing more then tossing a stack together with another experienced person. I don't really do anything else beyond that on this canopy for those reasons.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Is this considered Norm, or safe?

well, at some places it would be normal, or safe, and other not. like if the people have the brains to do it, ya it's safe. and some places you may see high performance crew a lot, and others not.

me, i like doing it. i think it's fun as hell. i would do more, but i can't find anyone at richmond that will do it with me (only because i will only do it with another crossed braced with me being crossed braced). i may put on a crossfire and go do it with some people, but who knows.

just be careful. that shit will cut the fuck out of you. i really don't recomend going down the lines, if you do it, stay at the top. ;)

later

both were jumping a stiletto. Is this considered Norm, or safe? Just curious.

-->> It has an additional element of risk, dacron lines will cut and burn the hell out of you, the micro lines are worse and will part your skin like a cheese wire..... gorilla crew....IE....hard docks are a big no no, also off centre docks = bad juju.
I was in Perris going for a 2 stack and reached back for the nose of the canopy cause she was within reach but not closing, as I grabbed the lines she apparently let the brakes go a bit and my hands slid up the lines.....thankfully I was wearing gloves.........three fingers on my right hand were cut mildly, one finger on my left was cut quite bad, this was from a one second slide....... the gloves were toast.......
Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.