bodypilot90

crw dogs help

Buzz isn't telling you to do anything unsafe. If he wants to make a rule requiring AADs on his dropzone, then that's his decision to make. You have to evaluate the risks of doing CRW with your Cypres turned on. If you decide that doing CRW with an AAD is too dangerous, then don't do CRW at Otay. There are plenty of other DZs in SoCal that would be more than happy to take your money.

yes indyz, i posted that b4 he changed his stand. The issue goes deeper than my own safety but new jumpers on his dz that do not know any better. Maybe needs to be a bsr, not to have oneB|

I don't jump with an AAD for CRW,but it shouldn't be a BSR that you don't. The French CRW team does. I believe the German one does as well. As do the Knights and the Navy demo teams. I don't think its the best idea, and I certainly don't want to, but just like for freefall - it should be an individual choice - no BSRs. After all, if the Cypres fires, most likely it will cause a wrap, but the rest of us can chop. The main person it endangers is the wearer.