riggerrob

Bumping end cells

Who teaches a class on bumping end cells?
This would be a gentle introduction to flying safely near other conopies for people who do not own dedicated CReW canopies.
The goal is to get them comfortable/safe flying close to other canopies at a busy DZ.
This could also be a lead in to 4-way FS teams landing together, or team blade running.

this is a real good idea.....my team mates and i do this on most jumps...where its practical....what i mean is we do it when its not gonna screw up the natural flow of traffic...we all have what would be considered non crw chutes...ie...stiletto...vengeance sabre's etcetcetc...
Flip

Bumping end cells is an excellent exercise for learning how to fly your canopy. I use to do it all the time with a buddy at the bottom of RW dives. From 2 grand we could get 4 or 5 "bump rotations" in where we would bump one side, then crossover and bump the other side, etc. Not only does it give you great foundation skills for CRW, you learn how small toggle/riser inputs affect your canopy relative to a base. You get a pretty good idea of what kind of lift your canopy generates when you are side by side and you burry the toggles. Great stuff, but I would suggest that it be treated like trying any other new skill. Make sure you do it with somebody with previous bumping or CRW experience (or at least with lots of canopy experience). Also, don't engage in a bump below an altitude which would afford you enough time to cutaway if you do get wrapped up.
Canuck