ep11300

2-way FreeFly Event Rules

Our state is letting us enter four skydiving events in the state games this year. One of the events will be 2-way VRW. The proposed rules currently state that it will be an individual event and that competitiors will be drawn into two person teams the day of the event. They will again be drawn for the second round and may compete with someone else. Everyones team scores will be added insdividually and then individual medals will e awarded. Camera fliers will be provided to get video for judging. I see problems here; has anyone else been to a competition like this and can explain how well it works?

Or, does anyone have any 2-way VRW rules that can be reviewed?

Thanks.

My team here in Texas has organized several of what we called intermediate and beginner freefly competitions with very similar rules.
The only thing that we noticed is the event organizer does have to slightly manipulate the drawings depending on the participants skill levels to make it even across the board.

We did it more to encourage lower jump number freeflyers to compete and not so much for true bragging rights.

You can probably ask around, when we were sponsoring this event it was very popular. If your organizer wants some advice tell them they are welcome to contact me.

We have done this event I believe 4 or 5 times with great ease.
They were called The GravityRats Freefly Revolutions.