sarabennett

VRW Blocks and Randoms Changes Official to IPC rules

The official drawings haven't been posted yet, but I think its like the Nik Nak posted on the vrw4way.com suggestions. This is a head down star, then the grips break into two pieces which go around each other (like block 9), or in an alley-oop motion, then rejoin to a head down star.

Just to make it easy:

Dive pool changes

Block 1
Solo flyer grip is on flyer with cross at beginning and end of move
Random A
Both outside flyers with only one grip have to have right hand on left arm or vice versa
Delete Block 11 (overcrank/undercrank)
Delete Random D (HD Star)
New Block 11 is Fun buddies
Block 13 is HD star/HD star
Block 14 is satellite/satellite
Random D is Sitline

Well I got my wish! I was hoping for the sit star and the sit accordian block, but at least now there is an all head up point :)
I'm guessing there are no changes to the designation of open/advanced formations, which would probably put the sitline in the open.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

check out the new description for the head down star/head down star block 13. It isn't what I thought.

www.fai.org/parachuting then go to documents

the pieces each do a 360 then reform the star

http://www.fai.org/parachuting/documents
For the clicky challenged. ;)
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

I've made this link a sticky at the top of the forum for quick reference.

Blues,
Ian

Your a 'sticky clicky' monster! :D
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

I finally had the chance to make some updates to the Drive site, www.DriveVFS.com. From the home page you'll see links to our latest video and more importantly to a dive generator that uses the new dive pool to put together 8-round training sessions (based on 2009 rule changes).

I got through a lot of the site, but know I still have plenty of work to do. The dive generator has only been updated for the open class at the moment, once it is decided what moves and how many rounds are going to be in Advanced, Ill get something up for those teams too.

Hope everyone is having fun and training hard for 2009!
Arizona Drive 4-Way VFS - www.DriveVFS.com

As a follow-on to my last post, you can also get a 2009 version of the rules and dive pool under the Training Tools section of the site.

The pictures shown on the site for the dive pool are old, but if you click to download the printable version, it will contain descriptions of the 2009 changes.

See ya out there!
Arizona Drive 4-Way VFS - www.DriveVFS.com