iflyfree

skyball

i was told that a tennis ball weighing 1 lb 5.5 oz with a 6inch tail would be a good speed to fly head down with. i have a bunch of lead and i am trying to make one i have flown with one before but have never made one, if anyone could help me out. it would be greatly appreciated. thank you

i was told that a tennis ball weighing 1 lb 5.5 oz with a 6inch tail would be a good speed to fly head down with. i have a bunch of lead and i am trying to make one i have flown with one before but have never made one, if anyone could help me out. it would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Assuming this isn't a troll...

Being able to fly with it isn't the half of it.

The risks of not catching a ball include:
The pilot losing his license.
The drop zone being shut down forever.
SEVERE damage to life and property on the ground.

The real question to be asking is whether your SPOTTING skills are up to it and whether you have the maturity to appreciate the above risks and say NO if needed.

Most people at some point think that they can fly in such a way that they will always catch the ball. Most people who currently think that have missed or had a close call. Shit can happen in freefall. Beyond freefall issues, what if you have a severely fucked up mal? You should probably focus on saving your life rather than holding on to the ball at that point. Spotting properly preserves that option.

So before even considering jumping the ball ask yourself whether you can guarantee it wont land on anything. You can't rely on the pilot to give you a good spot. It's not about risking your life. It's about someone else's life, it's about someone else's house, it's about the possibility of taking away the chance for any of your friends to ever jump at your dropzone again.

A vladiball has an increased safety margin, but it only reduces the above risks, it does not remove them.

Again, Well said Cliff! I'm glad you took what i said during your Space ball coaching for good measure for future jumpers to learn and pass on.
You have done good for yourself here in the past year or two, Stay safe and keep up the the good work!
Most of the people you knew from the Hills are gone now,....but they fly with us always!
PFC. Colon Berry
3BN/20TH Special Forces Group (ABN)
[email protected]
seek and destroy, clear and sweep, what ever you want to call it, its all fun in games in the game of war.

I'd have to say that Aerodyne has a pretty sexy website, but that was a very tricky way to make me go there... ;)

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Oh.... I guess the word Mamba automatically makes itself a clicky... whether it was you or someone else, it was a very tricky clicky!

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson