Chrisky

Recommendations for a Freefly Container...

Please read my post again, tuck tabs on the riser covers, translated, no velcro!!! and since the 2K3 in the picture is one of the first off of the production line I would have to ask what you are basing your comparision on since you probably have not seen the new 2K3 much less tried one.

OK, in my eyes the Tear Drop Superfly is has better features than the 2K3.
The TD is a Pop Top, has all features of the 2K3 AND the better covers and only one pin (less loops, less cutters, less grommets...).

***If the 2-pin is an "OLD" system then why is it still the fastest non- RSL deployment reserve system made?

Who said that? Who found that out?
Jump Shack?
Mirage Systems say, their Mirage would have the fastest reserve deployment. (I've read it @ their homepage!!).
I'm sure that other manufacturers say, that their system is better than the Mirage and than the rest.

Why should have the 2K3 the fastest reserve deployment?
My rigger said to me, that all modern systems work very well.
He said, from time to time some guys test the different systems and find out, that there is a system which is really faster - but the results depends on their own favourites.
Is there any test out there which has compared every rig with every reserve&size on the market?

In my eyes, every additional pin adds another possibilities of system failure.
You can make every system more and more complicated - but is it very smart to do this?

Don't be a Lutz!

From Mirage website: (not the claims of Mirage Systems, but by Billy Weber)

http://www.miragesys.com/product_info/about-g3/rds.html

During testing for our reserve deployment development program, Billy Weber of Billy's Parachute Service in DeLand, one of the foremost riggers in the industry and a familiar face from videos like Pack Like A Pro, found that the overall reserve deployment system was "the fastest I've seen, and I've seen 'em all".

edited to add link

Hmm, taking a second look at that wings, it looks really nice. Cut-in laterals are offered, tie-dye and rush order for 4 weeks stays under 1800 $ US... Thats quite a deal.
I guess i'll mail them for specific info.
So far, thanks to everyone in helping me "doing my homework"!:)
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

1800US!!! - that is nuts. For me, that would buy a lot of jumps or tunnel time!!! I think I can say I will only buy used from now on...container, main and/or reserve. Currently, my container was purchased second hand from a guy in Montreal, main from Germany and reserve from someone in the North East US. Never a problem...

rob

Hello, I own 4 racers so I know a little about them so I thought I would add my two cents...

The TD is a Pop Top, has all features of the 2K3 AND the better covers and only one pin (less loops, less cutters, less grommets...).

I'm not sure if you could call the riser covers better. Both seem to offer bulletproof protection from any direction, so neither could claim to be "better" than the other.

Having only one pin actually poses a few extra hazards.
Having a 2-pin system decreases the risk of having a line snag under the poptop, while on a 1-pin system a line could find its way completely under the poptop.
With an exposed poptop, in order to get a well seated reserve cap, a lot of pressure is needed on the reserve pin(s). A 2-pin system better distributes the load, giving a nice flush seated reserve cap while being far from damaging pins or causing hard pulls. I have seen bent reserve ripcord pins on 1-pin systems from being unable to get the poptop to seat properly.

Mirage Systems say, their Mirage would have the fastest reserve deployment. (I've read it @ their homepage!!).

Actually they don't really say theirs is faster, only Billy says that. They just say that theirs is not slower because they use a massive spring. Really we would need an actual test to determine speeds of reserve deployments to find the answers to that argument. Personally, I get blown away every time I fire the reserve of one of my racers. It's a very comfortable feeling to have your reserve pilot chute travel nearly parallel to the ground for the entire length of the bridal, come to a sudden halt as it does reach full bridal extension, and only then fall to the ground.

My rigger said to me, that all modern systems work very well.

And they do, fortunately. If not those that did not work well would weed themselves out as incidents did happen.

You can make every system more and more complicated - but is it very smart to do this?

The 2-pin system used on the racer is basically unchanged from their original design. They had something good from the get-go, so there hasn't been the need to make anything more complicated.

Then of course there are the advantages racer has. Lightest rig around, most comfortable rig (try one on lately?), and of course the best looking (beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?)!

Anyway, so that is why I think the racer is better than the teardrop, or any other rig for that matter. But of course this is just my opinion. It is kinda funny, however, how it seems everyone who does jump a racer sure seems to feel strongly about them.;)
blues,
Miami

Well, sorry i didn't do so earlier;
Thank you everybody for your input, i have greatly appreciated it.

I have decided to get a Wings, it should be ready in about three weeks from now.
Will probably write a review in the gear section once i get to put a number of jumps on it.
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...