Sled14

Probably old question, learning to freefly

Sorry if this is an old question, but I'm still in training to get my A license and was wondering how many jumps I should have until I get an instructor and start learning? I'm at school now about 250miles away from my dropzone so I cant really ask them for their opinions. Would 50 or 100 jumps be good, or wait till a couple hundread jumps?

Thanks for any help!

having good belly skills will always be a plus and it's good to learn the basics of staying on level, on heading, and in your assigned slot without introducing an entirely new skydiving genre such as freeflying while you do it. that being said...

you can start to learn how to freefly whenever you want. it will be beneficial for you if you find good coaches and keep the training to two-ways until you get stable and are able to do the aforementioned basic skills while in your sit. which brings me to my next point, learn how to fly headup first so that you will always have a solid base to revert to to keep your freefly speed up and to regain your stability when you start learning how to fly headdown.

have fun!
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

I agree with Sled14, I started to sitfly around 35. I only have 52 right now and I'm starting switching from HD to Sit. Best to find a coach have them go up with you and see how comfortable you are in the air. Thats the way I did it.
#148 Sonic Scrat
"Have you ever kissed a rabbit between the eyes?" Woodpecker pulling out his pants pockets to the waitress