Trae

3D tetra-hedron

The idea here is to launch a 6-way linked tetra -hedron (3d triangular pyramid) and spread it out so that each bod makes up one edge of the pyramid.

Perhaps a tail-gate aircraft would be best but no doubt with enough fore-thought it could be taken out of a side door.

My feeling is that it would need to roll a bit to give it some degree of stability and to help hold it open.

If you've ever front-looped a 3way cat continuosly you may have a feeling for what I'm suggesting.

The piccies'll hopefully save me from trying to describe this.

If you have a go or have done something similar ...let us know how it went .. perlease...:)
I've been saddled with head-downers who didn't like the idea ....DUR.:S

If it had any stability perhaps it could be docked on ?? tricky one but perhaps the possibilities are apparent to some out there?

Eenjoy

Here's what you should do...

Make a real tetrahedron out of bamboo, then just grab six random DZ bums and tie them up to it. For added effect, try hooking leonardo da vinci's first parachute (the pyramid-shaped one) onto the top corner. Then wrap christmas lights around it and tie cowbells to it and drop it over downtown cleveland in the middle of the night and see how many UFO reports come in! :D
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

Here's a couple of shots from close beside one of these babies.(before and after that guy took up the last grip):ph34r:

...I know its one of the platonic solids and apparently it represents the first one. ...the symbol for fire, so I'm told.

A platonic solid has all edges, faces and corners identical .

Fire Earth, water ,air, and ether all have associated platonic solids.
tetrahedron, cube, octahedron, dodecahedron, icosahedron,

Been thinking that perhaps custom grips on the ankles and lower arms could come in handy here.

Some form of twist and lock type grip could be useable if designed adequately.

Shape changing could happen by everyone pulling in towards the centre taking up new grips and blossoming out the new shape.

This could be the birthplace of Platonic formation freeflying.PFF:$