SixtySecRush

Helmet for FF

No difference in the realm of stability. The way I understand it is that the reasoning behind folks donning an open face helmet has to do with two things.

The first is that it allows a better perepheral view which adds safety.

The second is that all free fliers are born with cameras on their helmets therefor if you pull of a real cool move with a full face, there is no way to prove it was really you. ;)

whips n' chains n' hand-grenades with a little ugly on the side.

After a couple hundered more jumps i want to get in to FF. Is there any difference in stability using an open face helmet versus a full face helmet?

odendan is absolutely right when he says that FFers are born with a camera. :)
there is no difference in stability in that you will learn to fly whatever helmet/jumpsuit/shoes/etc because in the end, it's about your brain making FF second nature. btw, you don't need hundreds of jumps to enjoy freeflying...you just need some mentors who can point you in the right direction.

i fly a rawa camera helmet (open face) and i love it but, i've never flown a full face helmet so, i can't give you a comparison between the two. personally, i like the wind in my face.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

I jump with a full face without the movable visor. i've never had a problem with it as far as stability or the visor coming off.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Something I have heard about full face helmets is problems with the visors. Due to the speed you are doing sometimes the full face visor can flip up and suddenly you have an open face helmet.

Never had this issue with my Z1. Flew once without a full face because I had forgotten it. On a tracking dive that day I looked up and back at a friend. Well, when I looked up I got a full blast of 120mph wind up my nose. Felt like I had to sneeze for hours after that...

But I think most FFers use open face helmets because they like the wind on your face. Plus it's more fun to geek when they can see your face.