ScottMcC

freestyle compulsory atmonauti sequence

ok, so I was perusing the USPA competition manual, and happened to find a section in there about the compulsory moves for freestyle, and one of them is atmonauti diagonal flight, 360º carve while in atmonauti flight, atmonauti diagonal flight.

scroll to the bottom of page 79

has anyone here ever tried this? I can carve on my head, but I've never done atmonauti. how hard is this in comparison, and what special stuff needs to be done? also...what's the best way to learn atmonauti flight (without going to lapalisse to learn from Marco and Gi)?

and yes, I searched the archives...please let's try to avoid discussions about whether or not atmonauti exists, or whether it's just steep tracking, or whatever. assume for the sake of this thread that atmonauti exists and is a separate entity from plain old tracking. thanks!!!

One thing you will likely not hear unless one of the freestyle competitors chimes in, is that the Atmonauti that they are required to do is far more demanding than what most freeflyers have been passing off as an atmonauti dive. The guidelines and requirements if memory serves me correctly, is that they must maintain the atmonauti at a 45 degree angle for the duration of the move before transitioning to the next move.

It has been my experience that some freestylers don't consider what a lot of freeflyers are doing as a true atmonauti but rather a bastardization of it or as some put it "plain doing it wrong"
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

also...what's the best way to learn atmonauti flight (without going to lapalisse to learn from Marco and Gi)?

find Marco and Gi where they are :P No longer in Lapalisse AFAIK

Many very talented angle flyers in the US and in Europe too.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

freestylers can do anything better than everyone else, because all they do are solos!!!... slackers...

You wound me to the core! We actually do 2-ways as it has become more interactive flying with the camera flyer.

As to seeking someone in the U.S. World Champion Freestylist team Axis-21 is in Eloy.

freestylers can do anything better than everyone else, because all they do are solos!!!... slackers...

You wound me to the core! We actually do 2-ways as it has become more interactive flying with the camera flyer.

As to seeking someone in the U.S. World Champion Freestylist team Axis-21 is in Eloy.

Thanks Betsy, PM sent.

and yes, it's interactive--half of the compulsory moves are harder for the camera flyer than the freestylist.

freestyle is essentially a genre of freefly isn't it?

i think it is the most underated discipline in skydiving. i'm just getting into it with my girlfriend. hows the wicked fall rate changes. i like the fact the camera flyer gets scored as well it is pure teamwork!

:D:)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix